Off topic but related

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
Why didn't the subject line of last post change from the original? I viewed the replies to my post and typed "Thanks all" in the subject line but it reused the subject from my previous (and 1st) post. Thanks in advance for the help.

Arlen dimwatt

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: Reply to Dimwatt

I think I know what you are talking about.

For example I just changed the title of this post, but the title of your main post doesn't change. Is this what you mean?

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
Re: Reply to Dimwatt

Thanks for the reply. Not exactly. I was expecting it to create a new subject line, but still in the same thread as the original post instead of moving my post, including my reply to the responses to the top of the forum like a new post. If this explanation isn't to clear,neither am I on this subject./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif
It's kind of hard to explain when you don't understand why in the first place./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Arlen

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: Reply

Just testing, but edited to "reply" in the "quick reply" window rather than clicking "reply" in the last post.

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

And your thread title has been changed. (No offence, I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
And editing, It is considered poor taste to edit the title of someone elses thread!

Larry

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened

I don't see any changes in the subject. I have not posted here before but on many other forums it isn't possibe to edit someone elses subject. At least I don't think it is, I'm just going on hearsay. I never tried it to see.

I hope everyone will bear with me through the learning curve:)