• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** FS - Custom Aleph II, NOW Glow Pics

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I have an Aleph II on a 2X123 body for sale. All parts are bare aluminum.

The head maintains its stock form factor, however, the aluminum lens retaining ring was replaced with a delrin unit. I had stripped the anodizing off of the aluminum retaining ring, but it resulted in some strange reflections off of the aluminum, and I completely screwed it up trying to get rid of the reflections. I went with delrin because it is tough and I didn't want the reflections.

As mentioned, the body is a 2X123 body that has been drilled and tapped for a stainless steel pocket clip. Loctite was used to seal and secure the screws.

The tail cap was a standard McE2S tail cap, which I stripped and turned down to a flat top form factor. I topped the switch off with a ring of glow powder impregnated epoxy. The module is still captured and will not fall out when the tail cap is removed. There is one draw back though. The threaded accessory hole in the top portion of the switch was rather deep and I wasn't comfortable taking that much material off to get rid of it. The result is that you can see it, although it is filled with epoxy. I tried to capture it in the pic below.

I haven't built the light engine for it yet, but I'm thinking that I might go with a DownBoy500 for good brightness (in excess of 1000 lux) and really good runtime. I'm figuring that it should be 3.5 to 4 hours in regulation. The luxeon will be a TXOJ. Of course the buyer could specify his own choices in a light engine.

Here are the pics...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

And it stands on end...
picture.JPG

***EDIT***

Hey guys,

I had a mention that it would be cool if the delrin ring was made to glow. I couldn't figure a way of getting enough glow material on the delrin ring to really make it glow so this is what I did.

I used a film cannister to make a cylinder of pure glow powder impregnated epoxy. From this cylinder, I turned new lens retaining rings that really glow. I don't know how tough this stuff is, but I can say that when I chucked the cylinder in the lathe to turn it, the jaws didn't even leave a mark on the epoxy. I had it tight in a 5" chuck too.

Here's the new pics...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

I'm asking $200 for the light as shown to include a light engine of your choice to be based on a Lux III emitter. I currently have TXOJ, TX1J, TWOK, and TWAK. The price also includes Priority shipping in the CONUS. Global Priority is $5 more.

If you want the light, post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

If you would like to make an offer on the light, please feel free to do so by PM.

Thanks for looking,

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - Custom Aleph II, 2X123, Pocket Clip

That delrin ring would be cool if it glowed in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does that mean that you'll buy the light if I make the bezel ring glow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

owwwww.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif pretty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif

InFlux

Enlightened

I'm in for two of the glowing retaining rings! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, I'll be ready for my second Aleph sometime next month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know if I'll be selling the glow retaining rings. I'll probably include the few that I have as options on lights that I build, but they are too much of a PITA to make to sell them alone.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Re: FS - Custom Aleph II, NOW Glow Pics

I have to admit, I've been eyeing this for a while...YGM...I have a few questions before I buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Hey Flashlight... where'd you go? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not often that your wish is granted like this!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tony, that is so slick and cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really didn't think that this one would be around this long.

BTTT

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

You only live once...I'll take it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for answering all my questions Tony!

YGM... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif