Just received my Aleph 1

mrandychen

Newly Enlightened
DB 917
27mm reflector
2 x 123

AMAZING. Light is white, very very tiny hint of blue, almost not noticeable. Throw is very far. Beam shape is like that of a modified longbow micra with the IMS reflector and is also similar in throw.

Build quality - top notch. Form factor is great and feels even better in hand. Grooves are right where you need em.

Only problem I have is with the switch. It's stiff and since it's recessed, it's even harder to get to. Going from low to high is a workout for the thumb. I prefer the surefire A2 switch more.

That's about it! Anyone else just got one?

I swear, this is the last light.....

Kiessling

Flashaholic
FOr the switch ... might be an o-ring thickness issue. Try to extract the McE2S-module from the tailcap and check how easily it moves in the battery tube ... and do the same for the little o-ring at the top of the module. Most of the times, exchanging them for smaller ones will correct the problem.

Also ... try to screw in the tailcap untill it almost lights up on low and access to high will be easier.

Are you using the silver-plated McGizmo custom spring or something different?

bernhard

Guter

Newly Enlightened
When I recieved my Aleph from the shoppe it wasn't lubed at all. A little dielectric on the o-rings and threads thoughout the whole light will do wonders for the switch and assembly/disassembly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif