modded led lensers anyone ?

Amonra

Enlightened
I have a v2 lithium silver led lenser Mod.no.7744 running a 1.2W luxeon off 1 x 123. im quite happy with the light but it could be improved since the optics make the hotspot kind of squareish with very little sidespill. it is also quite bright but could be brighter. so i was wondering if i could put in a 3W and improve the optics but i cannot take the darn thing apart. i have a TX1L 3W luxeon star(dunno if it's a good or a bad bin)i would like to fit in it, any suggestions ?

P.S. how do you take the emitter off the luxeon star board ?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Brighter would depend on the drive current and you'd need to change the driver for that, just changing the LED won't help at all, or at least not that much.
The "squarish" hotspot isn't a flaw, it's feature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... makes for more throw with a small light, and lots of folks want that.
To change the optics you'll have to do it from behind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... extract the plastic sleeve that surrounds the battery and them use some long and thin instruments to screw out the retaining thingie that locks the driver etc. in place. Eventually, the optics should fall out, wainting to be replaced.
bernhard