I killed my brinkmann maxfire lx

kernalpanic

Newly Enlightened
i got one of the ones they sell at wally world for $20. well today i got in the mail a rechargeable cr123a kit via ebay. well i stuck the 2 charged cells into the light and hit the on button. i got light for a splitsecond and boom dead. i blew the bulb. question is there a replacement bulb i can use that works with these cells? they are marked LIR123A.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
I believe you can use a p60 lamp assembly from surefire. I am pretty sure but still relatively a newbie so you may want a second opinion

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rechargeable CR123's put out as much as 8.4 volts when combined, and most bulbs are being overdriven at 6 volts as it is. Stock bulbs are something like 4.8 volts, so rechargeables severely overload them.

LightHearted

Enlightened
From what I hear, a Surefire P90 bulb will work great off of 2 R123s, but it puts out a LOT of heat. Since the Maxfire head is plastic it would probably melt very quickly. You can order spare bulbs from Brinkman for $4 or $5, but I wouldn't try to use rechargeables with them again.

junior

Enlightened
Be happy that you killed on a 4 or 5 dollar bulb and not a 15-20dollar SF bulb.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine straight from the Brinkman site.
By the way, were did you get those batteries?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifchiphead

kernalpanic

Newly Enlightened
i called brinkmann today and ordered a new bulb. also they have a rechargeable version of the same light. the rechargeable version is apprently an inch longer and $30. ofcourse i ordered it.

so who wants to buy my rechageable batts and charger i bought?

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I think the surefire lamps will only work in the legend lx. I don't think you can easily interchange them in a maxfire.