2C Maglight Conversion to three 123

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Folks, I just got two new 2C mags and want to convert them to three 123s. I read that to do the job right, I should use a GH24 bulb, a better reflector, a new glass lens, and something called a "borofloat". Can anyone help me locate these items? Many thanks.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yukon,

UltraClear Lens (UCL) or Borofloat lens at flashlightlens.com.

GH24 bulb at Reflectalite's home page or from on of the CPF mmebers. I'll have extras late this week when my order arrives if you want.

With the GH23 the stock reflector works fine. (Try covering the lens with Scotch Satin tape to smooth out the artifacts into a nice smooth beam.) If you go to a hotter bulb then you'll want an aluminum reflector, which will be available on B/S/T or in the Group Buy section or possible in the Custom/Modified Section, also all here on CPF.

There is lots to read about MagMods in the Incandescent and Homemade and Modified sections here on CPF also.

Good Luck and have fun!!

Bill

davidra

Enlightened
One interesting thing about the reflectors...almost all of them are modded so they have some orange peel to improve the beam, which they do well. It was surprising to me how much the new reflector took away in terms of throw. Not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable in a side to side test. I still would get one, because the throw is so good anyway, and if you need to use it for a long time without turning it off, it would be nice to know the reflector isn't going to melt. Or, if you can find one without any orange peel or sputter, that would minimize the difference.