CPF Spammer

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
From time to time, some spammers create an account here at CPF only to post links on some advertisments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Today a new one arrived, and I think it is not easy for administrators to banned them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
How is it possible to create an authorization only for those who are really interested by flashlight and to forbid access to those that are there only for spam our forums ??
Maybe a validation by somebody before he can post here ?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah french. How about a little pop quiz to see a person's background and see if he is really interested in light or here just to spam? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree this guy has posted 4 times all today and they are all for advertisments.

I wish there was a way to prevent this without using a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
You mean herbert Pascal? He has been taken care of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No it isn't easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif , we always have to wait until they have made a few posts, (or have a known IP, but that is shakey), so sometimes it may take a while.

Feel free to use the "notify moderator" button whenever you think there is spamming or anything else that is wrong going on though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks B@rt. It's nice to know that they are taken care of quickly and without remorse.

doug

B@rt

Flashaholic
duh.gif

watt4

Enlightened
just give all members who have been here awhile, (let's say 2.5 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) banning POWER! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif
flamethrower4ry.gif
uzi4wr.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hey Bart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You are a very good anti-spam filter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks to you, to take care of us so quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Ok, thanks to the CPF Team /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
And I just want to add this :
For those who posts Free XXXXX... Free YYYY... Free ZZZZ, we, at CPF, have free BANNING Too....... LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif