How do you carry tour E2E or E2D?

GBone

Newly Enlightened
Trying to figure the best way to carry either my E2E or E2D on me. I find the E2D to have to many sharp edges to carry without it being in some sort of case. Its easy in the winter, drop it in a coat pocket, but the warm months present more of a challenge.

Giving some thought to the kydex holsters both Sidearmor and Blade-Tech offer.

So, how do you carry yours ... ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Steve C

Enlightened
On my ankle. Actually, I tote an A2 there now, but it was an E2e for many years.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Custom Kydex Holster on a large Tek-lok. Easy access, limited potential for loss and doesn't wear your pants away. Tek-loks are fantastic pieces of kit and the above rig is really versatile and aesthetically pleasing.

Doug

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I'm currently looking at the E2E or the E1E and I'd like to see a size comparison with the G2 and 6P because those are the two models I carry now. I am basically wondering how much smaller the E2e and E1e compared to what I have.

Thanks,
--JT

unaryunix

Newly Enlightened
I use the trick I learned from fine folks at selfdefenseforums.com:
keep it in the front pocket, leaning against the wallet. It is surprisingly effective in slacks. The light stays vertical for drawing with reasonble easy(no fast draw, obviously), yet have sufficient space to movearound so I don't get poked when sitting down. It is much less effective in tight jeans. I also noticed that my finger sometimes run over the scalloped bezel. No cut so far, but definitely uncomfortable. I imagine that any pocket-picker would be in for a small surprise. And unintented sideeffect indeed ;-)
I tried the cliping method as well, but was not happy with it for two reasons: it exposes the bezel to elements as well as to funny looks, and it poked me sometimes when I sit down.

RAM:
e2e appears to be the maximum size for "pocket" carry. I do it everyday in business casual dress, and no one took notice of it. With 6P sized light, you are going to need holster, unless you wear cargo pants.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. front pocket, interesting. I found that by chance while looking for a place to stash my C2 and subsequently the U2. Next to the wallet is my "larger light" (ie. 2xCR123 up to U2 size max) place. An L4 which I'm considering would occupy that slot as well.

I carry bezel down with a lanyard so I can draw fast with the syringe grip/CombatGrip. Works in looser jeans and slacks. You're right about the business slacks, that's why I'm considering the L4. However, with everything else I wear, the U2 is fine.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
RebelRAM said:
I'm currently looking at the E2E or the E1E and I'd like to see a size comparison with the G2 and 6P because those are the two models I carry now. I am basically wondering how much smaller the E2e and E1e compared to what I have.

Thanks,
--JT

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds interesting! Do you have any pics? Did you make it yourself? Where can I get one?

Thanks!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2e/KL1 rides in my front pants pocket too, much like what unaryunix said. Its propped up by my PDA most of the time, so doesn't get too uncomfortable except when i take out my PDA and walk around a bit, then it jostles around in the pocket... Else one of those holsters from CountyComm (marketed for the Inova X5t) works very very well indeed, and the flap fits right over it like a charm. Best thing is that you can wear the holster either horizontally or vertically.