UKE 2L Lithium High Intensity Light

Tesla

Enlightened
Yes. I can't speak to the runtime yet, but it works great and the light "character" is great. Some have criticized the output as not being bright enough to suit them, but for my use, I'd disagree. For me, it's a very good combination of beam quality, brightness vs. runtime. I also have the 2 watt and 4 watt "bulbs" for this model, but as EDC, I use the 1-watt LED assembly. For my money, it's close to the ultimate "survival" light...waterproof, close to indestructible with batteries that are insensitive to temperature and having long shelf life.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, the lamp modules are swappable btwn the 4AA and 2L. I think 6-8 hours sounds about right for the runtime of the Led module in the 2L. If you can find a way to carry the Led module safely, then instead of swapping batts, you can just swap lamps whenever the beam on the incan weakens or dies! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, this will be a perfect edc light for me. I have been edcing the 4aa eled for months, but now with the 2L body it will be even shorter & easier for edcing.
Even thought I don't like cr123, I hope buying the 2L just for the body is worth it.

Niteowl

Enlightened
I called UK a couple of weeks ago re: the 4AA eLED and asked when the 2L will be offered in an LED version. I was told they were working on it and it would be "better". He would not give me any details. Hmmmm....I wonder what could make it better.....

Mark

paulr

Flashaholic
I think I like the 2L better with a xenon lamp. The eLED head is about 12 lumens. That's only a 4x jump from something like an Arc AAA. I figure I'll always have the Arc, and when the Arc isn't bright enough, I want something much more powerful than the eLED. The UK 2 watt lamp also has a very narrow beam for long throw, which complements a small short-range 5mm LED light nicely.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right there Paul, when i go hiking or camping, I usually have my Pelican 3Led headlamp which gives me really good runtime for short range lighting - walking etc. When I do need something brighter for spotting in the distance, I only need my UKE 2L w the stock 2W lamp, and I like it esp because while its not as bright as say, a G2, the runtime makes up for it, and out in the darkness, a light source like that is bright enough most of the times.
Having said all that, with the eLed module in it just makes it an even better light esp in terms of runtime...

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
I am not so lucky, I lose my keys with my arc attached to them about 7 months ago.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Since then, I am used to 4aa eled in my back pocket and it had grown on me. With the 2L body will make it even a better edc.