Really weird EternalLight EliteMax Action?

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Received my Eternal Light ElitMax Monday. Been playing with it continually a work/home. I like the light - it grows on one.

However, I had a very unusual thing happen today and I'm "quite" sure it did happen. The light was sitting on my desk - plainly visible. It was turned off since yesterday, I'm quite sure. The LEDs were facing towards me.

I turned on my computer after getting home from and the light came on just as if I had pressed the power button. I wasn't even close to the light and the minute it turned on it hit me right in the eyes.

I've read the instruction a zillion times and I can find no feature that has the light turning itself on (all four LEDS) after being turned off. Comments?

turbodog

Flashaholic
This has been addressed on techass's web site. Seems that some of the lights were susceptible to EM/RF interference. This will also happen with cell phones at times.

I don't remember the fix, or if there was one. It *may* have been fixed in later revs.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Turbo, I just got mine and assumed it was the latest model? I didn't think the eternal light had been out very long. The good news is that when it came on it was on in timer mode so it would have extinguished itself in sort order. Do you think this is a flaw worth worrying about? My intention with this light is to store it with lithiums in a survival kit.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I checked with the manufacturer. They advised that earlier model eternal lights did on occasion come on when in close proximity to a cell phone or other such device. They are not aware of this happening with the elite models such as I have. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that it "did" come on by itself. If it came on when the timer mode was not activated, it would become worthless to me as a survival light. Nice light, but this issue has deleted it from my choice of a survival light.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reboot the light.

Take the batteries out and press the power button for 15sec.

later, put the batteries back in and then try your experiment again.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Yukon Jack,

Can you get it to do it again? If it does come on, I think it is still in timer mode. That means that it should shut itself off. The most you would loose is a few minutes of run time on the rare occasion it gets tripped.

I think it still has a place in the survival kit, just keep the kit some distance from your computer.

Perhaps you should replace your monitor... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Tom