Mag conversion question please?

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I'm doing six mag conversions. two 2C to 123s, two 2D with 6AA pack, and two 3D with 9AA pack.

I'm going to get new lens, new reflectors, and new bulbs. I've heard several different opinions on the best lens (UCL or Boro) and (smooth or textured reflector) and GH24, to Ike6, to KRP118 for bulbs.

Bulbs are a real concern to me since I plan on trying the all; however, I'm ordering the reflectors and lens and would just as soon get what is best to start with. Any advise most appreciated. Tks.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
2C version
----------
3x123 + GH24 (300+ lumens)

2D version (rechargeable batteries 2000mAh or less)
----------
6AA + WA1111 potted, aluminum reflector, UCL lens (880 lumens)
5AA + dummy battery, WA1160 potted, aluminum reflector, UCL lens (618 lumens)

3D version
----------
9AA + WA1185 potted, aluminum reflector, UCL lens (1234 lumens)

Those are the ones I've made myself and know are great performers. Stay away from the radio shack bulbs and the ike bulbs. They either instapop too much or have crappy filament images.

RussH

Enlightened
You definitely want the aluminum reflectors when you get over 10 or 11 watts. I've had 10watt bulbs start melting the stock reflector after 20+ minutes continuous. You're probably OK with 6 volts and 1.5 amps but 7.2v and 1.5amps is something I would want to keep an eye on.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Until the reflectors become available again, I'm going to a: use very short runs and b: probably run without a lense

But hear this Fivemega!!! When M*g drop in 2" are available again, I'm in for three!!! L or M OP