Does this rechargable flashlight exist yet

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a commercially manufactured luxeon LED flashlight that is rechargable AND can be recharged without removing the battery? Sort of like a SL Stinger, but with a 3W LED. Seems like such a light should be common by now.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

That doesnt say it can be popped on a charging cradle like the Strion can

[/ QUOTE ]

He said without removing the battery....I assume you can just plug this in somewhere

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I know this light has been mentioned here and there but nobody really has said anything about it. If someone has one please speak up.... LowBat, maybe you can email them and ask them if you can simply plug it in or if you have to remove the battery and plug it into the battery...I think it can be plugged in without removing though..and they even include a car adaptor thats nice.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
"housing is O-ring sealed against moisture."

Would that include an electrical plug-in connection such as the type you're hoping to find?

PS I for one hope this is what you're looking for LowB so you can bring it to the FA meet in a couple weeks.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just emailed them with this question:

I'm interested in the Cabela's XPG Rechargeable LED Flashlight
Item: IF-516511

My question is does the battery recharge while inside the flashlight, or must it be removed to be recharged? Also, if it charges within the light itself, does the light fit into a charging cradle or does the plug from the transformer plug directly into the light?

Thanks in advance!

Web page says I should get an answer in 24 hours. I'll post it when it arrives.

Steve C

Enlightened
Betcha that mini-RCA plug pops right into a receptacle on the tail cap...

Reptilezs

Enlightened
the cabelas light might just be a regular light with a rechargable battery. meaning you have to pull out the pack and put the pack in a cradle. there is a streamlight light simaler to this, i think it is a twintask or simaler

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I have just spoke to a Cabela's rep and he told me the light is indeed rechargeable by simply plugging it into the tailcap, no removal of battery is necessary.

Now the question is why has this light received little attention? It looks very nice, even comes with a car charger as well. Someone pick one up and do a review for us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my email answer which matches what beam_me_up was told:

"Yes, the XPG Rechargeable LED (#IF-516511) would charge w/out removing the batteries. The plug would connect directly to the light."

So this one for sure fits the "internal rechargable led catagory". Now to look into the Inova T4 that JAS mentioned.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Some early comparisons show the Inova is 2" longer than the cabela's...I'm also not sure how they get a 4 watt LED I've never heard of one, I'm sure its either a 3w overdriven or a 5w underdriven. I believe you'd get longer throw with the inova due to it's optics system, but the cabela's would probably be more useful for more area lighting with moderate throw. Just my 2c ( actually i'm hoping you go with the cabela's so u can do a little review /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got off the phone with flashlightsunlimited.com. They said they are expecting shipments very soon to fill the 500+ backorders they have for the Inova T4. He also said that most likely the T4 requires the battery to be removed for recharging.

There is a charging cradle mentioned here in the description:

http://www.flashlightsunlimited.com/inovat4.htm

All-in-all this T4 sounds like an interesting light. I really admire Inova products for design and finish. I'm still hoping for a more powerful version of the X1 (needs spill) with a clickie tailcap. That would be my ideal EDC light.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LowBat said:

So this one for sure fits the "internal rechargable led catagory". Now to look into the Inova T4 that JAS mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, it finally starts. I kept begging for a rechargeable light for months. If only someone would make such a light in a size similar to the hds-edc series and with multi-level option...

Chrisse