Has anyone thought of doing this mod?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've searched, but can't find such a modded light in CPF. I'm not the guy to make this so I'll pass along my idea.

I was thinking of a flashlight that has the ability of switching from white to red light at the push of a button (not using a red lens cap cover). Start with a Streamlight TwinTask 3C light that has 1 xenon bulb for primary lighting and 6 leds for low light. I believe the leds are activated either 3 or all 6 at a time. Now you know what I'm thinking here....

Step 1: Change out every other led with a red led.

Step 2: This is the tricky part. Mod the switch so the position that normally activates all 6 leds instead activates the second set only (which are the red ones). It may actually be a circuit that needs reconfiguring and not the switch. Either way I'm sure it'll take some ingenuity that is beyond me.

Just an idea if anyones interested in trying it. I've never seen such a light other then the Energizer headlamp with its 2 white and 1 red leds.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
L2D-R Pathfinder [ QUOTE ]
This item is currently not for sale

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like it will be a good light though
[ QUOTE ]
Features
* One white 3W Luxeon
* 12 Red LED's
* Two-Stage Operation
* Momentary/Constant On/Off Tail Switch
* Double O-Ring Sealing

[/ QUOTE ]
The A2 with red Leds would work also. Though I like the LED/LED w/ the Pentagon light

L

LITEmania

Wits'End :

Pentalight is in active sales now for other items ?

Warren,

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Warren for the link. All a newbie like me has to do is mention an idea and someone has the answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif