Light with most VALUE???

talonturbo

Newly Enlightened
I have a feeling I'll get a lot of Q3 votes here, but what is the best light per dollar? Of the limited lights that I've owed, my vote is for the Inova X1. Perfect for sneaking around the house or saving cr123's, and the single AA lasts FOREVER. Construction is top notch too, and for 15 bucks off ebay, you can't lose.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light with MOST value would be the most valuable light.
smartass.gif

So pro'ly a gold-plated surefire with diamonds or a McGizmo one-off.

But the light with the best value being best 'bang for the buck' so to speak, I vote the Q3r for LED EDC. 990 LUX@1meter of bright white flood type illumination and over 100ft throw for 45 minutes. All this for $40 plus about $20 for a battery and charger from www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm

For a bigger light I would nominate the PT Surge. I heard they can be had for $20
Quickbeam has it a 8836 LUX throwing over 94 meters.

OOPS
doh.gif
Forgot the Thor-X ... that is definately the best bang for the buck.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's probably DaGunn's Emergency crank up light. For $16 (IIRC), its batteryless, and even comes with a cable to charge your Nokia phones as well! How's that for value? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Of the lights I own I think my vote would be for the UK 4AA eLED. Tough, regulated, and twenty bucks.

Geoff

wquiles

Flashaholic
To me value would mean as most valuable - the light with the most value would be the one that I have with me when I need a light. In other words, to me, the light with the most value is my EDC - currently a QIII /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hum ... VALUE, that's very vague ...
It could be most valuable in term of $$$ or one that have significant meaning to you.
I'll take it as most significant to me.

A "silver" MicroMag with a D-Pill.

Use it everynight for all operations such as fridge runs, cat chase, garden inspection, to baby ears & nose inspection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price value: Megaray

valuable to me: Mag 3C.

Yes, it's only a 3C Mag, but it's the first "real" flashlight I've ever owned so it has sentimetal value.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get it upgraded...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3C is perfect for one specific kind of mod.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for the Thor here, closely followed by the Energizer Illumifold 4D fluorescent lanterns, and the Osram Dulux Mini. The latter two being cheap, giving out a lot of light, and serving in a zillion and one situations.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL,

Actually, I have bought all the parts for that "specific kind of mod". I assembled them and it isn't working correctly,(I now believe that the batteries may have been harmed by the extreme cold in my area on the day of delivery) so I am getting new batteries and a new charger to try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
StreamLight Twin Task 2L $29. Small, dual light source, almost the same as SureFire $175 Aviator. Can work as EDC ( I have a key clip on mine)

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
KevinL,

Actually, I have bought all the parts for that "specific kind of mod". I assembled them and it isn't working correctly,(I now believe that the batteries may have been harmed by the extreme cold in my area on the day of delivery) so I am getting new batteries and a new charger to try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like we managed to convert another one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let us know how it goes! In a pinch you can use alkalines, they work pretty well too. I bought a pack of alkalines, not expecting the shipment of NiMH C to show up that evening. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif