I've been thinking ??

valleyz

Newly Enlightened
I\'ve been thinking ??

I have a 90watt solar panel.I was charging my RV battery today and thinking about LEDs and solar panels.Does anyone manufacture 12 volt LED bulbs or anything like that.It seems that you could run lights for more than a week on a charge.Could you imagine lighting your home with one solar panel and LED lights(that would never have to be replaced)? Sorry,just dreaming
yellowsleep.gif

StuU

Enlightened
Re: I\'ve been thinking ??

This is reality. I have a friend who has a single solar panel, regulator, and deep-cycle battery. His house has 3-LED lights in the bathrooms, outside lights, and reading lights. Apparently, the LED units are commercially available as 3 LED mountable wall units.

Kirk

Enlightened
Re: I\'ve been thinking ??

valleyz,
Check out www.theledlight.com . They have all sorts of replacement LEDs for 12 volt applications. The lights are kind of expensive, but if you're on solar power any power savings might be worth it. Also, check out http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=33257&BQ=rv . They have some very inexpensive 1 and 2 tube 12 volt fluorescent fixtures for trailers and the like. Good light output and low amps.
Kirk