Paypal: How to accept prepayments?

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
As many of you are aware, I'm preselling a flashlight in the Custom B/S/T forum. I'm doing quite well, today I already have about 50 prepayments for the unit I'm building (link in my signature )

Well, yesterday I received a notice by Paypal that my account was limited, meaning that I cannot send or receive payments.

They said is for my security, since I never had this kind of movement in the account.

Per paypal request I sent all the info they asked about me, about my US based checking accounts and credit cards and I still need to receive a letter in my US billing address to confirm it via a security code enclosed.

A few moments ago I received an email from the appeals dept that says that prepayments are allowed but only if the item is going to be shipped in the next 20 days, so if any trouble buyer can file a complain.

To be clear: I dont have a single complain in my profile

Here is a link to the Paypal prepay policy

I know that I'm not the 1st one here that took pre-payments for items that will going to be shipped 2 months later after prepayment...

So, if you know the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy what are your suggestions to do what I'm doing but in compliance of the rules?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pablo

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CPFer (javafool) gave me an excelent idea:

what if I post the prepayment for the flashlight and as a proof of delivery I send a ready made part?

IE: an o-ring?

its not as expensive as the prepayment, but is an actual part of the light.

That should cover most, if not all the bases with paypal.

What do you think?

Pablo