How many different Arc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbymatt

Enlightened
How many different Arc\'s

If you only count stock un modded Arc lights and don't count the red or green led,s how many different type of Arc lights are there. The ones with just white led's if i wasn't clear

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Re: How many different Arc\'s

Is this a test or what?
Let's see how many I get right?
AAA-black body and square profile oring thingy
AAA-black body and round profile oring, lettering around top
AAA-HA Nat lettering on side
AAA-couple different CPF special editions

AA-Lugged tail
AA-Stand up tail

LS-first run brown board voltage regulated
LS-hybrid had green board amperage regulated
LS1-s low dome standard
LS1-P low dome premium
LS2-S high dome standard
LS2-P high dome premium
LSL low dome
LSL-P low dome premium
LSH high dome
LSHP high dome premium
LSHFP high dome Frean optic premium
Arc3 5watt, 2x123
Arc4+ processor controlled, multi level, power regulated

How did I do?

cheers,
zwf

mahoney

Enlightened

You did OK except for the early First Run (2 part head) LSs.
First Run LS 0.9, NX-01 optic, voltage regulated (gold plated board as seen from the bottom)
First Run LS 1.0, NX-05 optic, voltage regulated, gold board
First Run LS hybrid "400ma" constant current regulated, green board with raised gold contact
First Run LS hybrid "500ma" constant current regulated, brown board with raised gold contact

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

The 8(?) brass AAA
Gold plated LS(?)
ARC LS Prototype (2)
Blue
ARC LSL - S
ARC LSH-ST
ARC 2x123 4+
ARC 4x
ARC 4+ Forensic

+ a few others

Fin

rugbymatt

Enlightened

It wasn't a test I have begun collecting Arc's, sure I know I'm late, and I wanted to know what ones I needed. I knew about most but i never heard of the Arc3. thanks for everything.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was called the LS3, not the Arc3. If I were to answer the question of how many "types" of lights Arc made, I would say 4:

AAA
AA
LS
4+

Peter

rugbymatt

Enlightened

your answer will save me some money. My Idea was not to collect every variation, but to collect at least one example of the different groups. I know have an;AA,AAA,LSL-P,LSH-P,LSH-S, And a Arc 4+. I guess I will try to get an Arc 4x and the LS3. But I am starting to run out of money and the wife is not all that happy about the amounts spent on in her words "another stupid light". By the way LitFuse you come very highly reccomended as a "mod guy" I think as soon as the funds build up again I will have to get in touch about doing some work on one of my lights just need to decide which one.

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

rugbymatt,

Good luck with the LS3 hunt. I am on it as well. Very few made(36+?).

I think fewer of the 4x ARC's as well.

The ARC 4+ in the metal tin is another example. Not sure how many were made. I think they were near the end. One of those is on Ebay now.

Fin

Redirks

Newly Enlightened
Moment of silence for my ARC LSH-P

Just today I was working at my desk with my ARC LSH-P on the desk beside me. I turned away for a moment, and when I turned back, my elbow knocked it to the floor. It landed on its side. It still works, however, it seems that the LED has cracked loose from the reflector. Light is very dim and not that attractive Luxeon 4 corner star shape.

Must find another ARC LSH-P; must find another ARC LSH-P; must find another ARC LSH-P; must find another....

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Moment of silence for my ARC LSH-P

Redirks, there are people on the board who can probably fix your LSH-P for you, or even mod it to make it brighter, if you want that. The LSH-P was made a couple years ago and used LED's that were high grade at the time, but the ones being made now are even better.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Redirks, I'd be happy to take look at your LSH-P for you. No cost or obligation, of course. As Paul stated, there are some very attractive mods for the LS, and I would be pleased to tell you about them. Send me a PM or email if you're interested.

Peter

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened

Redirks, Go for it. When LitFuse is finished you'll likely think that the old was quite ho hum. Don't get me wrong the LSH-P is a fine light. It's just that it has so much potiential to be so much more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Dr_Joe

Enlightened

Go for the LitFuse mod ! You won't be sorry, I love mine. I call it the "LF" (LitFuse) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Turt

Enlightened

Redirks, send your light to LitFuse... you will be saying "must mod another light, must mod another light, must mod another light" Really he does great work. I EDC my arc ls that he modded for me. Plus he's a great guy to work with.

code09

Enlightened

for sure...go mod that damn thing

Status
Not open for further replies.