what do you think about the new pelican lights?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
give me your thoughts about the new pelican M1 and M3.

-david <font color="red"> </font>

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: what do you think about the new pelican lights

any links to these lights? Google doesn't like me tonight.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like to see a review of these lights and then I would
understand them better.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont like where they put the switches. I also hope they improved the threading. The threads on all of my Pelican lights have been entirely too loose.

vtunderground

Enlightened

I agree with chevrofreak, the switches are in the wrong location.

What I'm really looking forward to is the regulated Lux-III HA M6-LED...

oklalawman

Enlightened

I have to of the m6 led and halogen. The switch locatiion on those is good the switch is not my favorite. I can see
going to a side switch on the longer version. All of my training been with the switch on the side. I have a SL TL3
and it is a great light but dont like the switch in the tail cap. The light sticks out to far foward of my gun, using that way. So the side switch makes sense to me on the
M3. The little one though...I have no clue why they would put it on the side.

I want to see one though and will probably buy one after I recover from Christmas and now from being off work.

LoveCraft

Newly Enlightened

I had a look at the pictures on batterystation and both look pretty good. Anyone know the dimensions or battery life of the M1 against a surefire E1 ??? the M1 head looks a little large for the small body, but if it pumps our more lumens then the surefire i guess its work it. btw any ideas of the lumens of them both???

thanks

Longbow

Enlightened

Pelican just might have a "winner" with the M1. Love the switch location and the red push-button!

Torch_Dork1

Newly Enlightened

I really like that M-3. Just might have to get one when they are released for public sale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very impressive my opinion says. I wonder if these lights have the great PM6 textured reflector that I like so much?

I like the concept of a 1-cell Pelican LED with metal body very much.

I also like the concept of a larger duty 3-cell Pelican LED .

I hope they both use the M6 reflector though.

I greatly look forward to these products. I only wish that both were offered in 3 HA like the new PM6 LEDs are.

Regarding the switch placement. On a 1-cell or 2-cell light, I prefer a switch on the tail. Tail switches are great for carry size lights IMO, but I prefer body switches on bigger lights (3-cell and up). Having a really long light with a tail switch feels awkward to me. So, if I designed those lights, I'd have a tail switch on the M1, and a body switch on the M3. Pelican put body switch on both though. Red ugly body switch too my opinion says. Regardless, I want both lights. I'm huge fan of PM6 LED, and seeing 1-cell and 3-cell versions makes me exciting.

Clarification on led please. Batterystation says "3-watts". Does this mean a Lux-I running at 3-watts (dangerously overdriven maybe?), or a Lux-III running at 3-watts (driven closer to specs maybe?)??

Reptilezs

Enlightened

uh oh looks like that ugly red button is back. remember when the pelican m6 led came with a ugly red button?

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
uh oh looks like that ugly red button is back. remember when the pelican m6 led came with a ugly red button?

[/ QUOTE ]

All 7 of my PM6 LEds have the red button. Have they changed to black since???

(I prefer black color I do)

Reptilezs

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:

[/ QUOTE ]

All 7 of my PM6 LEds have the red button. Have they changed to black since???

(I prefer black color I do)

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe it was just a rumor but when the m6 led first came out there was some talk about replacing the red rubber with a black one and putting a clicky into the m6 xenon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...wish Pelican would offer the Pelican M6 LED in conventional batteries. Or at least, design a metal bodied flashlight (in D, C, and AA cells) with the excellent reflector of the M6 LED. I do NOT like the plastic Pelicans, nor do I like the recoil reflector.

Unfortunately, finding a QUALITY luxeon-III flashlight with metal body, textured reflector, and D or C batteries is very hard these days. Would think there would be a market for long-running flashlight with this criteria I do.