surefire tape switch thingummy

handlebar

Newly Enlightened
hello, a newby here wondering if there is a way to convert a surefire L2 or L4 to the tape switch teather tail cap thing for fierarm rail mounting. Also what is a good qd mount to atach a light like this to a railed forend?

thankyou one and all.

mokona2

Enlightened
I don't think the L2 would work (smaller diameter), but I believe the L4 is the same size as the Scout Light. I'd check with Al (Size15) to verify the part numbers for the tape switch tail caps. As for a good mount, someone with more practical experience will have to help you there.

cy

Flashaholic
U2 fits Surefire's universal weapons mount

u2 weapons.JPG

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest you get a dedicated ScoutLight rather than mount an L4 and get a tape switch. However, there is a company producing an aftermarket mount for the "E Series" sized SureFires (including the L4).

The TailCap with Tape Pressure Switch with cable length 7" for the ScoutLight (in black HA only) is the UE07. You may have to order the UE00 and the ST07 individually. They are rather new and are likely very hard to get hold of.

It is likely that it will be cheaper and easier to order the ScoutLight you require.

Al