Surefire E2e Vs. L4

mykall

Enlightened
I've only used the E2e and it's pretty impressive w/ 60 lumens. The L4 has 65 I beleive and runs much longer. My
question is...has anyone used the L4 and is the LED as effective lightwise? Ie is it's output as useful since
it's a led and less directive.

Thanks

Mykall

NYCblue

Newly Enlightened
The L4 is more of a flood light than the e2e and brighter as a whole close up than the e2e. The L4, and the luxeon LED's are very effective, I think if you got one you would not be disappointed. With the L4 you don't have to worry about blowing or replacing the bulb. The e2e has the advantage in greater throw, a little smaller size, and cheaper, but thats about it. I get the sense from the way you ask the question that you seem tentative about LED's, the 5 watt luxeons hold their own againt the smaller bi pin lamps. Many CPF'ers are split, many loves LEds, and many are still loyal to incadesent bulbs, sorta like red and blue america!! LOL!! I love LED's, to each his own i guess.

Hope this helps, and welcome to CPF, I love the people here, they are very intelligent and friendly, and you'll love them as well. Though a few can be really passionate about their opinions. And when two passionate opinions clash, you have a pretty heated debate, with both trying to suppress the other's opinion, thats the only thing i am not enamored with here. But 99.7 percent of the time CPF is a absolutely wonderful place.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should check out some other forums if you think things get heated around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The mods and admins on this forum take care of most problems that I've noticed. This is one of the few forums I've seen where I'd feel okay letting young people visit. This can be seen looking at the ages of many of the members here, and it's nice to know there are still places that young people can go online and not have to worry about vulgarity and themes of an adult nature.

Ohhh, and if you're trying to pick between an e2e and an L4, I'd vote L4. It's just too cool. And then, get something with a little more oomph, like an Aleph or something. You're on your way to a lighter pocketbook, to be sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I've had both and the L4 is great up to about 25', but past that the E2e has an advantage. The L4 is regulated so it stays brighter for a longer time. They're both worth buying. I would get the L4 if you can afford it and the shorter range isn't a problem. If the L4 is too expensive you won't regret getting an E2e.

wquiles

Flashaholic
I had both of them - I liked the L4 much more for indoors and most situations at night. The beam of the L4 is a very nice, wide flood, which simply lights a room with a "wall of light". For longer distances, the E2e might be a better unit - I guess it depends how you plan to use them.

I like the beam of the L4 so much that I now have a KL4 head (same LED head as on the L4) on a 1xcell Vital Gear body - this little combo is my new EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
It I can't see it with my L4, I'm bringing out Thor anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(I'd actually probably go for my A2, really, but the Thor is sooooo much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Topper

Flashaholic*
I really liked the E2e when I got it I carried it all the time, after I bought a KL4 head to put on I no longer use it at all. Now days the LionHeart has taken the lead EDC spot. As for the L4 vs E2E the L4 wins for me put a Mcgizmo tailcap on it you get two settings of light. Both lights are keepers.
Topper

mykall

Enlightened
Thanks for the replys. I guess I could always get
an E2E and get the L4 head.

I like everythng about the led i.e. durability battery
stinginess etc except that it doesn't throw well for
long distances. This is important especially for
a fixed focus flashlight and the fact that this is
part of the appeal of the E2E.

Anyway...I'll decide.

Anyone have any comments on the U2(might have the model wrong but is the SF LED that is infinately adj between 0-100 lumens) besides how expensive it is?

Thanks

MB

wquiles

Flashaholic
The U2 has been reviewed here many times - do a search on "U2" and you will get plenty to read /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To me, personally, the U2 was bigger (length and diameter) than the E2E, which is about the largest I would carry. For the price, I would buy the E2E, KL4 head, and the Mcgizmo tailcap so that you can have a two setting LED lamp, in a 2xcell body, while still being a relatively compact unit to carry.

Will

mykall

Enlightened
I hear alot about McGizmo on theses forums. Is there
a web site for these customized addons?

Apoligize for my "newbieness".

Thanks

MB

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
mykall said:
I hear alot about McGizmo on theses forums. Is there
a web site for these customized addons?

Apoligize for my "newbieness".

Thanks

MB

[/ QUOTE ]

McGizmo has his own Forum.

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened
wquiles

What runtimes do you get with the VG FB1 + KL4? That would be 65 lumens, right?

BTW, I edc the FB1 + KL1. Great light

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get the L4 and if throw is important a new KL1 module.

You can get a Vital gear 1 cell body and carry both.
McGizmo makes great stuff. All his Lux III lights are throwers.

As for the KL4 on 1 cell I get 2/3 output with a KL4 / E1e combo.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
mykall said:
I've only used the E2e and it's pretty impressive w/ 60 lumens. The L4 has 65 I beleive and runs much longer. My
question is...has anyone used the L4 and is the LED as effective lightwise? Ie is it's output as useful since
it's a led and less directive.

Thanks

Mykall

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL you questions can be answered here...

Just enter in Surefire L4, and E2E and 20 meters...

AWESOME WEB SITE

SS