• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light started out as a Streamlight Propolymer 4AA 7LED. I replaced the LED assembly with a custom-machined heatsink (by Chief Wiggum) that houses an R3K low-dome, an NX-O5 and a DB250 (give or take). It is now a smoother semi-flood of light, equal in brightness to the original but with a nice long and constant output (unlike the original's steep drop-off after an hour or so). Because it has a downboy buck converter instead of a simple resistor it will also take NIMH or L91 Lithium AA's. And because the emitter is only getting about 250ma heat isn't a concern for runs under 20 minutes or so.

The beam has warm tints with some purple on the fringe. Since this isn't an EDC light (I built it for emergencies, camping, suitcase/overnight bag, etc) the tint isn't a huge bother for me. The custom heatsink is also just a bit too tall so it's a tight fit. The head doesn't need to be screwed all the way down (1/8 of an inch short of fully closed seems about right).

Anyway, it pains me to put this up for sale because I feel it is a truly unique mod that I've never seen here on CPF. I need to build up my PP balance a bit so I must let it go.

Asking $65 which is well under what all of the pieces including heatsink cost me.

I will post pics very shortly.

PP payment only, cash-funded prefered.

Jon

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: SL ProPoly 4AA Lux1 - One of a kind!

As promised, here is a pic of the components before assembly. Note the old LED/reflector unit assembly was separated from the stock Streamlight battery assembly piece so that it could be re-used with the new heatsink.

propoly.JPG

Jon

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: SL ProPoly 4AA Lux1 - One of a kind!

Withdrawn - turns out I don't need to sell after all.