Nuwai 2AAA & 1AAA

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
I received both the 1 AAA & 2 AAA lights today. I continue to be impressed by Nuwai's products, great value for what you get. I'm more impressed with the AAA's than the QIII, (a battery hog), my Surefire KL4 on an E1E body does better and produces more light after the first ten minutes.

The 2AAA though, now that is a great little light, really fine. Bright, long running and compact, I suspect it will be my new EDC for some time. This light is truly useful. It has enough power to serve as an edc most days, although it's never going to be a tactical. First run was almost three hours run time before significant dimming, and AAA's are small enough that I can carry a couple of spare sets without noticing them. A real nice little rig, .highly recommended.

The 1AAA has replaced my ARC AAA as a pocket light by virtue of being equally small and considerably brighter, not to mention, much less of a worry if I should lose it.

You can't go wrong with either of these. I suspect Nuwai will sell a ton of them, both were professionally packaged and ready for mass market (Wallmart).

Speaking of packaging, has anyone noticed how difficult it is to open one of these packages?. The Nuwai, like with many other blown and sonic welded plastic peg wraps, one almost needs a band saw to get into them. I can't imagine how some of the elderly could even manage to penetrate so much as the fist layer. I had to saw the Nuwai out of it's cocoon with a Spyderco Endure.

Damn thing's are almost impervious.

AL

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I cut open the package of my nuwai QIII by just slicing through the back. The back of the package is VERY thin, then I removed the cardboard insert.

I will order a 2AAA version as soon as I have the $$$. Should be pretty soon...

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I've got the 2AAA version with 1AAA version coming.

Overall the 2AAA is OK. Good light output. However, I notice the batteries rattle easily, and it seems that the build quality is slightly on the "cheap side".

The flashlight packages were not difficult to open by hand, at least not the ones that I received!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have four of the 2xAAA lights and noticed that two have noticeable battery rattle and two don't. Interestingly, the two with the rattle also have more bluish beam tints than the two that don't rattle (which have whiter tints). I don't know if there is actually some sort of connection between the rattle and the bluer tint, or if it's just coincidence.

I've had the lights for about a week and like them more every day.

I used a razor knife to open my packages, as I do most such blister packs. Have fun.

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
You couldn't open the blister pack my AAA came in with you hands - unless maybe your Edward Scissorhands.

I also popped in some lithium AAA's and both lights picked up just a bit, but not enough to make it worth the price though.

Mine didn't rattle unless I left the tail cap quite loose. There's some blue in the beam but then I'm not usually very critical of tint, I just want enough light to see what I'm doing.

It'll be interesting to see if Nuwai has enough marketing power to put their products in the big stores with Mag, and how Mag will fair once people see the performance differences. It's probably a fair bet that with Wallmart's buying power they would be competitively priced as well.

Al

Steve C

Enlightened
Question, Al. You mentioned that this light is the same size as an ARC AAA. I looked at it on the review site, and it seems larger than that. Was I looking at the right one?

I hear you regarding that new type of packaging. No doubt intended to discourage pilfering, they really do make it an adventure to get open. It seems more and more stuff is coming packaged in that fashion. I use a pair of heavy-duty Fiskars scissors; and they need sharpening after every third package... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

DBrier

Enlightened
Here is a picture from another thread. As you can see, it is bigger than the Arc.
CPF.JPG

Tom M

Newly Enlightened
I have a 1AAA and am very impressed with the light output. However, it is clearly heavier and bulkier than the Arc AAA. I have noticed that the edged of the 1AAA are getting chipped/scratched being in the same pocket as my keys. Maybe I shouldn't be concerned since this is a relatively inexpensive light, and the corners on my ArcAAA also look much like those in the above photo, but it seems to me that the Nuwai's finish isn't quite what I expected. Maybe I'm spoiled by HAIII finishes on other lights. Comments?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed that my 1AAA using a lithium is just about as bright as my 2AAA using Nimh. Anyone else notice this?

I would love to know how to get the circuit to draw more power from a nimh!

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the easy part. Making it deliver more to the LED is harder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Doug S said:
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the easy part. Making it deliver more to the LED is harder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Yeah, that's what I mean. I read your other post on this elsewhere, but still haven't seen any takers or action to investigate. These lights might have alot more upside if this were possible.

lamperich

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
I have noticed that my 1AAA using a lithium is just about as bright as my 2AAA using Nimh.

[/ QUOTE ]

@Phaserburn
What NiMH´s do you use and with which charger are you fill it?

Are you able to measure the Voltage of the rechargeables without and with load???
There can be huge differents.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

lamperich

Enlightened
@Phaserburn

Is it a singel cell charger? good one is Accupower 2010 Can it shows the capacity when you discharge it? (has it a display?)
This is a funktion which only a few higher priced Chargers have...
nimh.alle_LG.jpg

Do you know even NiMh´s are very sensitive when you OVER/ charge and discharge it?

Do you know what this is? Discharge of a AA @120mA
all120small.gif

If you don´t maybe one of them is weak WITHOUT knowing it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Text are in german(europe) but don´t care about that, we live on the same planet
grin.gif

The sec. charger on the left has a Display
a106.gif
mine

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
nuwai 1 aaa

the 2 aaa might be brighter than my micro illuminator.

then again the battery in my micro is not new

is there a ucl lens that would fit the nuwai aaa lights ?

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
You know, I wish I could get the guts of the the Nuwai 1xaaa and transplant them to an arc aaa - anybody out there think it could be done reasonably?

al