LED Lenser?

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had any experiences with these lights? I just got a Led Lenser V2 as a gift. First impression is that it is heavy as H*** (easily twice as heavy as a mag 2AA
rolleyes.gif
) for a 2AA light. You definitely won't forget what pocket its in. It uses three LEDs and is run by 3 "N" size batteries (kind of a turn off
icon13.gif
). The switch is a rather small push button affair that looks like it will be the first part to break. Also, there is no spec. sheet or instructions but it appears to be made in Germany.
On the upside, it is very bright. I may change my mind with time but for the cost (about $30.00 I believe) I would get two more Photon II's
smile.gif
or try an ARC AAA
cool.gif

Chris

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Chris T:
Has anyone had any experiences with these lights? I just got a Led Lenser V2 as a gift. First impression is that it is heavy as H*** (easily twice as heavy as a mag 2AA
rolleyes.gif
) for a 2AA light.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have one of these lights. It's easily the brightest 3 - Nichia LED light I've seen. I've found that a magnet exhibits some attraction to the body, so it's made of some kind of steel alloy or stainless...

Pocket carry sux (due to weight), but the Mini-Mag "hard-shell" carry sheath fits it absolutely perfect.

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. I stuck it in my jacket pocket for now. The folks at work were impressed so maybe it ain't so bad. Just wish it was lighter.

Chris