Inova xo3 vs Inova t3

alpha

Newly Enlightened
I am considering the inova xo3, and i crossed with the t3... both have the same price and look the same to me .

Can anyone please list or name the main differences between this two models Which one should i choose?

thanks you

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
They use the same LED, same TIROS optic and same cells. Beams should be identical.

The big differences are:
Body styles: the T3 is has a checkering pattern while the XO3 is smooth and hex shaped.
The T3 has a clickie tailcap, while the XO3 has a push/turn for constant-on tailcap.

-dan

Wrangler

Enlightened
As mentioned by dano difference is only in the body knurling and switch. Lightoutput is exactly the same.
I had them both, sold the XO3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
According to "Flashlightreviews", they are fairly similar. But, there are (subtle) differences in addition to the comments above.
The T3 is slightly brighter at the beam center.
The XO3 is slightly lighter than the T3.
The run times are approximately the same for both lights.
Beam width/spill are approximately the same.
Price is (now) the same for both lights.

Your flashlight choice is dependent on what features are more important for YOU.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both an XO3 and a T3, and both beams look identical to me. I believe that any slight differences in brightness and tint must be attributed to the Luxeon lottery. Variance in beam shape are probably due to manufacturing tolerance re. positioning of the optics. And of course the T3 is slightly, but negligible, heavier due to the knurling. However, the knurling makes the T3 much easier to handle, if you have slippery hands, like me, which makes the momentary switch of the XO3 difficult to handle.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah... it's the same stuff inside them. Differences have more to do with production variances and I wouldn't count on those variances consistantly being on the side of the T3. On quickbeam's page, the T3 shows as slightly brighter but I definately wouldn't decide on the T3 in the hopes that it would be 7% brighter.