Uzi Limited Edition

tadbik

Enlightened
Ok, this is way off topic but you guys are smarter than the gun forum people and I'd apreciate some feedback.

I have been in touch with Israel Military Industries with a suggestion to issue a limited edition Uzi pistol to celebrate 50 years since the Uzi was invented.

I do not work for IMI and will not benefit financially from any sale (in fact it will probably cost me money as I'd like one for myself!)

I'd like to know if forum members would be interested in something like this and what features or finishes would be best.

I've made a mock up of the wooden case and contents. Any other comments would be apreciated. My suggestion is to include a brass badge of IMI and of the IDF (Israel defence forces).

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14C

Enlightened
I'd take a free one...if it had a green laser sight and a SurFire weapon light on it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tadbik

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
I'd take a free one...if it had a green laser sight and a SurFire weapon light on it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks 14C, I'll put you on the list if they decide to give them away, meanwhile, any constructive comments would be appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
Off topic??? That's what this section of the forum is for...

It's a great idea, and if I was a gun collector, I'd be runnin' toward this.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I was allowed to own one here, I'd would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

How about having it in a chromed or other 'special' finish'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DBrier

Enlightened
I am not collector, but I have my fair share of guns.
I second the need for an upgraded finish. It won't be desireable/collectable if it is just a regular gun in nice case.
Nickle plate, titainium finish, engraving, etc will make the difference. Leave off the light too. We think it is cool, but it won't appeal to the collectors.