if ya had a milion bucks what car would ya drive?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i realy like the mini. but i also love the vette and mustang so ill get all 3 lol all painted a balck with some purple in it so what would ya get.pssst i cant belive i like a forign car but the minis are so cool

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would stick with my Avalanche, I drove every truck out there and it rode the best. My Business partner drives an H2, but the fuel that thing eats would scare the pants off a million bucks. I have a family, so the room is needed in my trucks.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I always wanted a Triumph TR-7.
Back in the 1970s, they had a TV commercial that ended with "Triumph. The shape of things to come."
If I couldn't find one of those, I'd look for a DeLorean.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toyota Camry, to reward them for doing such a good design job. For fun, an 88 Caprice cop car fully restored with the LO5 HO engine(before they made it with the rounded body and the LT1 engine). I'd leave out the lights, equipment racks, and police paint job, though.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
matt_j said:
That new jeep pickup that is comming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen it..Way too cool! I think it is called the "rescue"

analogguy

Enlightened
Re: if ya had a milion bucks what car would ya dr

A car called a TZero. Not so much a finished production car, but a vehicle to showcase what an electic car is capable of. Zero to sixty in 3.6 seconds. Range between charges is approx. 300 miles.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I would get one of the hybrids like the Toyota Prius. Not exactly a millionaire's car, but I don't really desire any of the expensive cars that much.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lurker, a lot of Hollywood stars drive them. . . . probably because it is 'green'. Their image as a 'save the planet' car to drive.

The Prius is going to be our next car [my wife and I]. However, if I had the money, I really like the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. All wheel drive, 300 hp, . . . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

A McLaren F-1. But, the bank of a million might still be to small /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

$1,000,000 isn't enough!!! A 1954 Olsombile F-88 sold for $3,000,000 at auction Saturday!!! it was a 'vette look-alike that was never in production.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't get me wrong, I definitely wouldn't mind driving a Ferrari or whatever for a day, but I just don't think it would be a very good daily driver. I'll take something more practical as my primary ride.

I'm actually in the process of buying a car today. Mine got totalled when a deer ran into it recently. With a toddler and another kid on the way, we are opting for a mini-van this time around. There never seems to be enough cargo room any more.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

$1M ain't what it used to be.

I think I'd take a slightly pre-owned Ford Excursion, put the remaining $9.965M in the Vanguard Total Bond Index fund and a couple of 4-plex apartment buildings.

Ok, I'd throw in a blacked out (windows, trim, wheels, everything) Crown Vic w/ the police interceptor package.

best regards

Jefff

Enlightened

pagani "zonda s" blue or silver
0006ap.jpg

008tc.jpg

gregw45

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
matt_j said:
That new jeep pickup that is comming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet ride! Jeep Gladiator

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like we have some like-minded people on this thread. Powernoodle wants a blacked out Police Interceptor. ACMarina wants a Mercruy Marauder, which is basically a blacked out Police Interceptor with a supercharger and a nice shifter. And the car I just totalled is a Police Interceptor.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good Question... I love Mini Coopers. But I also love small Japanese trucks that are lifted and ready to go mudding and what not. In fact thats what I am getting here soon, hopefully within a week. 4WD, decent height, clean, used as to not worry about miles, oh it sounds so cool! McClaren F1 always sounds nice, but last time I checked, $1Million wouldnt be enough. I think they were just at $1Million each. Oh yea, I just saw this video of a car called an Ariel Atom. TINY car, has only a Honda Type R engine in it, but faster than Porches and Ferrari's. And wont break the bank by any means at only $50k... I could go for any of those,

Cameron

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahhh yes, the Pagani. My second choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's laike an F-1 at half the cost.(I love the roadster model coming out!!!)

I wouldn't mind a Carerra GT either.

Lurker: I realize the Supercar uncomfort factor in driving a car ALL the time. But, Top Gear says that particularly the F-1 and Zonda (unlike A LOT of other cars) are very easy to drive and could easily be someones everyday car. (I think part of this was due to the engine vast rev range. And, the seats in the F-1 (all 3 of them) are suposed to be very comfortable. (The driver seat can hold someone up to 7 feet tall without problems!!)