I'm sick to my stomach. .

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I\'m sick to my stomach. .

I was sitting in a reasonably dark room today, when I realized the chance to play with my lights. One pocket had my QIII, the other had my KL4 on its E1e body. I lit them both up, and while the KL4 threw a lot more light all the way around, the QIII is whiter. At signifigantly less money. Trying to decide which to carry was too difficult, so I'm just going to stick with carrying both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

code09

Enlightened
Re: I\'m sick to my stomach. .

awww, that is pretty sickening...i just sold my Q3 for the KL1...i hope its not similar to your situation

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I were only as lucky in everything else as I was in the luxeon lottery with my QIII /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrBenchmark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
awww, that is pretty sickening...i just sold my Q3 for the KL1...i hope its not similar to your situation

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW (not much, I know), I just got an E1E and KL1, and it's a very white light. I think it's about the same, or maybe slightly better than either of the QIII's I bought.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

After having the Q3, you may be disappointed with the KL1. I mean, at first, you're going to go, WOW. That's some good throw for a small light. Once the thrill of the throw wears off, you're going to realize that there's no sidespill. The good thing is that Q3s are inexpensive and you can always get another.

I love Surefire lights, but I'm not too thrill with the new KL1. For less than the cost of the KL1 and a body and switch for it, you could get a Q3 and have it "pimped out" as Milky would say.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

In my experience, it seems the Lux III's tend to have a better white color than most Lux V's. I try not to compare tints too much though, it can frustrate one to no end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
After having the Q3, you may be disappointed with the KL1. I mean, at first, you're going to go, WOW. That's some good throw for a small light. Once the thrill of the throw wears off, you're going to realize that there's no sidespill. The good thing is that Q3s are inexpensive and you can always get another.

I love Surefire lights, but I'm not too thrill with the new KL1. For less than the cost of the KL1 and a body and switch for it, you could get a Q3 and have it "pimped out" as Milky would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

And worst, both of my new-style KL1s have terrible tints....rainbow colored so their are multiple and severe tints in the same beam (each band or ring is a different tint).

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened

Where can i get a QIII and what kind of price range do they have.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your E1e + KL4 combo will have much more brightness if you use a batterystaion rechargeable 123. Then your Q-III will find a place on your shelf.

JanCPF

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
Your E1e + KL4 combo will have much more brightness if you use a batterystaion rechargeable 123. Then your Q-III will find a place on your shelf.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, so true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

MrMom

Enlightened

xpitxbullx

Great meeting you at SHOT 2005.

That was jsburlys protected r123 we tested at PK's party. He borrowed my Kl-4 head and put it on his E-1 body. It ran in full regulation on one cell. As far as I know, he has the only protected 123 cells out there. I for one don't want to be carrying around a M-80 in my pocket! Yikes! Play it safe and stay away from those others.