i got my maxfire xenon rechargable today!

kernalpanic

Newly Enlightened
i got it direct from Brinkmann along with a replacement lamp for my maxfire lx. the rechargable version is identical to the maxfire lx except its about 1 3/4 of an inch long at a little over 7 inchs long. tail cap, bezel, lamp all the same. the battery pack is composed of 4 650 ma 2/3a cells. it looks like the pack in the surefire thread but yellow. qouted charing time is 8 hours (UGH!) its charging up now more info tomorrow evening.

JackHays

Newly Enlightened
You can use the SureFire B65 battery in the Brinkmann Maxfire Rechargeable. However, you will need the SureFire smart/rapid charger. Unfortunately, the battery that comes with the Brinkmann has a flat negative contact bottom, so it cannot be charged in the SureFire charger.

You can also remove the lamp and reflector from the Brinkmann and replace it with a SureFire P60 lamp assembly (it won't fit perfectly tight...the Brinkmann head is slightly too big for that) but it is a great way to have what amounts to a G2 with rechargeable kit.

kernalpanic

Newly Enlightened
Chiphead- got it direct from maxfire $29.95
jackhays- why would i over pay for a surefire charger when i could buy this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLD5&P=ML

and with the use of battery holders and custom leads be able to charge any battery but li and li-poly? nimh cells to make packs for this flash light run less than a buck a cell on ebay and have almost 2x the current capablity.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Kernalpanic, I tried to find Brinkman's website and came up empty. Can you post the url? I just bought a maxfire and wanted to see what accessories are available. Thank you.

kernalpanic

Newly Enlightened
what happened was i blew out the lamp on my maxfire lx by trying a pair of li 3.8 volt cells i got off ebay. so i called brinkmann up via the number on their website , flirted with a chick in customer service, told her what i had done and needed a new lamp. she mentioned they had a rechargable version for $29.95 that was an inch longer. so i ordered a replacement lamp for the maxfire lx and a maxfire rechargeable. total $35 shipping was included. i compared both max fires to my old maglight 3d. i put in 3 new fresh rayovac alkaline d cells in the mag. its not even a contest. both maxfires are easily 2x the amount of light and more intense than the craplite 3d.

brinkmann's website sucks it doesn have ANY of the maxfire xenon lights on it at all.

oh and on the package (which looks just like the maxfire lx package but a bit longer) it says:

"maxfire xenon rechargable" on it. its NOT a legend series light.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also have a higher mAh pack made up from a variety of sources. Brightness on mine was good. Just as good as the non-rechargeable in fact basically just as good as the Surefire P60. Runtime wasn't outstanding though.

db

Newly Enlightened
What battery holder do you use to charge it?
Something that can be bought at a local RadioShack?
From the description in the post, the dimensions of the pack are't clear.
Sound as though for $30 it is the light only? (no charger)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The Maxfire Rechargable comes complete with a dumb external charger.

It is pretty bright and decent of beam, but taking out the battery stick to charge sux. And it doesn't run very long either.

I think the maxfire 2L makes more sense.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, when 123s cost $5 or $7 each, I really wanted a rechargeable G2-type light but now that they are readily available for $1 each or just over, I personally would rather have the longer runtime and the shorter form factor.

Having said that, if someone needs a bright rechargeable light for a half hour at a time and doesn't mind the longer form factor, the rechargeable Maxfire is a very good value. But again, I would definately suggest looking into a higher mAh NiMH battery pack.