SF KL1 packaging - 1W vs. 3W

GR

Newly Enlightened
So, I bought 2 KL1s (4th Gen.) from a local shop last month marked "3 WATT" on the packaging. Last week, I picked one up at Cabela's that's the same style head (no rings) but it's marked "1 WATT".
Is there any difference between these heads?
Brightness seems about the same, but what about run time, etc...?

The MicroFAQ doesn't address differences in the nomenclature on SureFire's packaging.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MicroFAQ owner's humble 2 cents thinks that since PK said it is a 3W under the hood, it is possibly a typographical error, they even misspelled "Executive" on mine while rushing the KL1-4th gen out to us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later packaging has the corrected spelling and corrected power rating. At least it's on the packaging, Surefire has even misspelled words that were engraved onto their M6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The current KL1 uses a LuxeonIII (which is sometimes referred to as "3W"). The current it is driven at has not changed - as I understand it, it is higher than the old version but it is not being driven at "3W".

It would be better I think not to use the terms "1W" or "3W" but use "Luxeon III". Perhaps this will change in time?

Al