2c m@g mod

mrdee3

Newly Enlightened
ok i have a 2c M@G light, VY0T 5 watt, 1 x Arctic Alumina 14.0g, 1 x Arctic Alumina Adhesive (2 Part Epoxy), and 1x Hotlips-C. i want to run this on 3 cr123's can i run it direct drive or do i need somthing else for this mod. thanks

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
*poof* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
You need to add about a 2 ohm 2 watt resistor and actic alumina that to something aluminum in there too.
Take all precautions to avoid a short in that tight space.
Good luck.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
mrdee,

instead of ordering resistors online.
you can buy them from one of your local electronics stores and then won't have to wait for them or pay any shipping.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fry's electronics used to until I cleaned them out of these resistors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck on that project.
When you get the star, mark it's (-) "leg" with a black marker before pulling it from the star.
There are some threads with instructions for pulling emitters from stars safely.
Clip the leads back a little after pulling the emitter to protect them.
I use a sharp pair of scissor blades to clean off the crud from under a pulled emitter.

I put my resistor on the negative ground wire in, just in case it shorts. = Nothing bad happens.
Just keep the wire from resistor to led insulated all the way there as you would with the positive lead wire.