this is bugging me a bit

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys:

So I've been into hotwiring for a while now, making numerous projects that yielded great results. But The reliance on the 3AA-to D holders, while they work great, become a problem when you have to unload/reload every time I need to recharge, and the wear and tear on them means that I can;t use them forever. Now I wanted to use rechargable RC packs for a while now, but the cost of chargers(the charger and often times the power supply) can easily add up to hundreads of bucks. Granted, in the long run I'll save money and stuff, but Spending 130+ for a charger then that much again on a power supply is just daunting to me, I may even have to sell my Surefire A2 and 6P(both of which I bought for less than retail from ebay, otherwise i would never be able to buy the A2) just to afford a charger if it comes down to it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Is that a reasonable sulotion to my problems?

Nick

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Nick,

Pardon me for showing my ignorance here...

Why don't you just get a multi cell charger and leave the cells in the holders during charging. You can charge up to 11 cells (13.2 v) at a rate up to 2 amps with the PF-12 Peak Detection Charger as shown here , or something similar.

This one is nice because it works on both 120 volts (power supply built in) and 12 V DC.

This would save you a lot of work and it is not all that expensive.

Tom

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
SilverFox said:
Hello Nick,

Pardon me for showing my ignorance here...

Why don't you just get a multi cell charger and leave the cells in the holders during charging. You can charge up to 11 cells (13.2 v) at a rate up to 2 amps with the PF-12 Peak Detection Charger as shown here , or something similar.

This one is nice because it works on both 120 volts (power supply built in) and 12 V DC.

This would save you a lot of work and it is not all that expensive.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey tom:

that is a great charger, I have actually looked at it yeasterday.

but,(there is always a but from the needy, isn't there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) I am planning to build an Osram based light, which incidentally would use 12-13 cells, one or two too many for the 11 cell limit of the Peak.

However it would be perfect for the 7 cell I'll use for the 1274, 9 cell for the 1185, so i'll definitely look into that.

thanks a bunch for your input.

Nick

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Nick,

As Bill has pointed out and as your needs seem to indicate, that charger may not do everything you need to do with it.

I simply posted the first one that I came across that had a built in power supply.

If you don't mind spending a bit more for a charging unit + power supply, check out the Triton, or others at the same web page.

Tom