Lionheart - accessories?

easilyled

Flashaholic
I think my Lionheart HA3 is an absoloutely wonderful little
flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does anyone know where I can order extra reflectors and lenses for it?

Thanks.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightlens.com is selling their 27.8mm UCL-LDF lens for it, which gives a much nicer hotspot and smoother beam at the expense of some throw. It makes the light even more useful.

As for pouches, I am still looking for a good one. I have one sold by a member here but frankly hate it - it makes the light hugely bulky. I also ordered a clip for it and am waiting for it to arrive.

I had hopes that my favorite pouchmaker Ripoffs would have something that would fit, but no dice. I am considering a custom, but dangit, there has to be something that won't triple the bulk of the light out there somewhere!

Mike

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks for the tip Mike - Does the UCL-LDF lens have to go be inserted with the the diffuse surface on the inside or on the outside or does this not matter?

Talking about pouches the Nuwai-QIII pouch is a very snug fit but a bit flimsy. I've also found a mobile-phone pouch
thats not bad, but bulkier than the N-QIII.

Where can I order reflectors from, and does anyone know of any that can smooth out the beam a bit better than the one that is being used at the moment?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Mike,

I have a RipOff holster (can't remember what model) that is designed to hold a Super Leatherman and a MiniMag (a bit of a loose fit on the MiniMag). I simply cut 1" off of a gum eraser and use that as a spacer. The LionHeart fits very nicely. I use this set up at work.

For more formal carrying, any holster that has a closed bottom could be modified in the same way.

I have also heard rumors that Mr Bulk is working on a leather custom holster...

Tom

idleprocess

Flashaholic
IMS reflectors are difficult to find in small quantities. They're distributed by Future with a minimum order quantity.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping someone will make up a metal reflector. It would finish off the LH very well I think.

It's a pity that it would be so difficult to make a larger reflector so that we could have some more throw (ie LionHead or Lion's Mane or something).

Maybe someone can try their hand at that?

easilyled

Flashaholic
I echo your thoughts exactly bindi. A metal reflector (like
a modified Pelican-reflector that is used in the L1-PRT-DB917) would finish off the LH beautifully.

I'm sure that if anyone were to produce something along those lines that every LionHeart owner would order them.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Hm... maybe someone has a stock of expired SureFire P60/61/90/91 assemblies that could be repurposed, san dead bulbs?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would you "repurpose" the SF P6x/P9x assemblies to work in the LH? I would think that the much shallower reflector would be a poor substitute. I'm probably missing something, though, since I'm new to all of this.

Aside from the 168A body I'm patiently waiting for, and a custom holster I'm thinking about, all I really want is a simple slide on/off cap of some type to add a little protection to the lens. I thought about a Butler Creek Flip-Open Scope Cover (30010), but I really don't want a flip open. I'm thinking about trying to stretch a black plastic 35mm film canister to fit.

I already have what are, to me, the most important accessories - the clip and V2 firmware. Now that I have them, I don't leave home without 'em!

Now, if there was a smooth surface metal reflector available, or one with a surface similiar to the McR-38 in my Aleph 3, I'd definitely buy one.

I bought 10 reflectors directly from Future Electronics in January. I didn't see any mention of a minimum order size, but I did have to pay $9.40 for shipping. At the time, they cost $2.90 each, but they are now up to $2.94. If I wanted to buy just a couple, I'd go to the Sandwich Shoppe. It looks like they have them in stock for $5.50.

I bought ten for two reasons - to see if I could get a better reflector, and to try my hand at stippling. I've had a can of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic (1301) for a few weeks now, but I'm finding that the reflector that shipped with my LH is good enough that trying to improve it just isn't very high on my list.

I've also gotten a couple of the UCL/LDF's and the Acrylite lens. The LDF does pair up nicely with the SO27XA reflectors to smooth out the spot, but I don't like giving up the throw for it. Supposedly the Acrylite falls in between the UCL and the LDF, so I need to find time to test it out.

Funny thing is that when I compare the beam of my LH to my Aleph3, I think I should try to improve the LH. But that's only during wall hunts. In use, it has never occurred to me that the LH's reflector/lens needs to be improved.

The search for improving the LH reminds me of my '86 Alfa Romeo. Although there's a ton of accessories and parts for it, especially performance-related stuff, the stock model is still an absolute blast to drive, even if I'm not getting every single hp out of it. When I'm crusing through the mountains of East Tennessee, I'm definitely not thinking, "Boy, I really need to get that K&N Filter!"

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found a handy, field-expedient switch adjustment tool that I've started carrying.

At first, when I got my LH, I had a tendency to really crank the body down. The result of that was that the switch rotated slightly, so I started getting the erractic behavior that's been talked about in other threads. After re-aligning the board inside the head, I quit really tightening the body up and the problem went away. Now that I'm using the clip, I'm finding myself cranking it down a little harder. I was concerned about relying on this light in an emergency, if the switch might stop working after an in-the-dark battery change when I happened to crank down too much and turn the board. Well, I just discovered that a pair of those small, almost flat precision point tweezers, like the La Cross Tini-Tweeze Precision Tweezers are great for adjusting the board. And, they're small enough (about 1/2"x2½"x¼") to disappear in your wallet so that they're handy when/if you need them. Just be careful not to scratch the board with the tips.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
easilyled said:
I echo your thoughts exactly bindi. A metal reflector (like
a modified Pelican-reflector that is used in the L1-PRT-DB917) would finish off the LH beautifully.

I'm sure that if anyone were to produce something along those lines that every LionHeart owner would order them.

[/ QUOTE ]

look around on this page....

george.

Latest posts