Craftsman 2AA LED - Help me Identify this light

Scoobmaster

Newly Enlightened
Sears Craftsman Club sent a flyer out this week with an interseting flashlight on the back page (50% off on sale for only $6.49 each). They are aluminum body LED 2AA lights:

Link to picture
This looks *Very* similar to a Dorcy 2AA 4LED. Right??? However, all the pics of the Dorcy that I can find (I don't own one) show the 4 LEDs clearly visible in the bezel. This Craftsman branded one has a magnifying lens cover of some sort.

Anyway, for the price ($6.49 - but you have to be a Craftsman Club member) I thought they were a good deal and picked up 2 (they even come with a nice nylon belt pouch) Are these rebadged Dorcy 2AA 4LEDs???

Scoobmaster

Newly Enlightened
Re: Craftsman 2AA LED - Help me Identify this ligh

[ QUOTE ]
Crux said:
See this link

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Re: Craftsman 2AA LED - Help me Identify this ligh

You know I saw this light and said "what the heck, lets try it out" I know its cheap, but I actually like it. Its not super bright but its still got a nice tight beam. Its brightness is somewhere between a SF L1 low and High. I know what you are thinking, you like it better than the L1, yes but not completely - I like it better than the L1 on low. I like the optics on the craftsman that give it the tight bright beam. Its got better range than the L1. Its certainly not as sturdy and I don't like how the optics are not recessed in the head to protect them from scratching. All in all, its really not a bad light for $7 (Craftsman's Club sale) and probably not bad for $10 reg price. I don't know if I would trust it on long camping trips in the boonies but would be a great light to have around the house and car.

Is there an add on focusing type optic for the L1 to reduce the flood light effect and make it more of a spot light? Expensive?