Lurker caught the bug

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened
Been lurking here for a couple of months, and this is my first post.

I never knew that I'm a flashholic in the making! Been edc'ing a mag solitaire for so many years. It started out black, but now its all shiny aluminium. Anyway, came across Surefire a few months ago at a mall, and now I've really been bitten by the bug!

I love my SF L2. Such a versatile light, and goes everywhere with me in my kit. Also, just got a G2 (OD). A question for other G2 owners - does the switch assembly fall off when you remove the tailcap? Mine does.

My current edc is a VG + KL1. Real nice. It stays with my Spyderco pro-grip at all times.

Another question for Malaysian flashaholics out there. Anyone tried buying online, and do you get taxed? It's so much cheaper to buy online, but a dealer told me I'd be taxed 30%

What a great forum this is. Learnt many, many things. Thanks guys.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
From one new guy to another, welcome. I found this site to have so much information that I only did searches for the first couple months! I also have the L2 and love it. The dual output lights are great! I recently purchased the Aleph (McGizmo) two stage tail cap for my E1E/KL1 combo and it is another favorite of mine. The only problem is now the custom lights are getting to me! This is getting pricey!

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
RPM said:
From one new guy to another, welcome. I found this site to have so much information that I only did searches for the first couple months! I also have the L2 and love it. The dual output lights are great! I recently purchased the Aleph (McGizmo) two stage tail cap for my E1E/KL1 combo and it is another favorite of mine. The only problem is now the custom lights are getting to me! This is getting pricey!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I intend to leave my G2 in the glove compartment. Might have to get it a lock out tail cap, or a clickie to prevent accidental discharge... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
KahveOrta,

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Stanley is from Malaysia and should be able to answer your question about getting taxed on Internet orders. He usually comes on late at night. I think there are other CPF members from Malaysia too.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
KahveOrta... (Thanks to Hoghead who alerted me to this thread)

Another welcome to CPF from a fellow M'sian!! Not many of us around, but we're growing slowly but surely... Check your PM (Private Message), I'll be sending you one shortly following this... Enjoy your stay here!!

Stan.

nexro

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, KahveOrta,

Yes, you are right about the tax. Anything above USD 131 in value will be taxed 20% and then 10% of the total. Not exactly 30% but rather, more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And, wow, did you actually bought an L2 in Malaysia?
For those who don't know, an L2 costs around RM 1200 here, which is about USD 300!

Anyway, if you are looking for more lights, may I suggest BST? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh, and hold on to your wallet tightly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
KahveOrta:

Yes the G2 tail cap falls out, because its not a LOTC (lock out tail cap). Welcome to the boards, and their is no cure for the addiction!! Next you will get addicted to tactical nylon like me! Maxpedition, Blackhawk, Spec Ops... it never ends!