TNC Hyper Lux III????

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
Here is an earlier thread on the subject.

I have one and like it, though I haven't needed to use it very much yet. Small, bright, nice beam, the nice machining work you expect from TNC. I think I prefer the Hyper-Lux V, though, because of the extra photons you get from the Lux V emitter.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Hyper-Lux III find it an excellent light typical of TNc work. Great beam, fine machining...nice light in my opinion. I have a V on order at this time and currently have two "N" cells, and two AAs. I like all of them.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a Hyper lux II (yet) have all the others though and I just got an email from him concerning the Hyper lux III. the "meat" is posted below for your reading pleasure.

Doug
(gotta save and get me one of these to complete the TnC collection)

"LED's for the H-L III were
I believe SYOJ. The output on these were closer to a T rather than an S.
These have a slight tint of blue in them. I really like the output on these
LED's. I can't remember what the runtime on these were. I will have to test them again to find out. I believe it is around 2hrs but am not positive. Don't hold me to that.

The reflector has a textured finish not smooth to get a nice smooth output. It is made for the average person. Not too much flood and not too much beam. Has both.

It is just as bright as the lion Heart but with a different beam. I was in my house and shined the LH at the wall and it was really bright on the spot it was shining on. I shined the H-L III in the same spot and it was
just as bright but lit up the whole area. So I guess it would depend on what you are looking for. Naturally the tighter the beam the brighter it will seem. "