Car light, step up from Inova X5

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am looking to upgrade a friend's car light. She currently has the original Inova X5 that I gave her with twist head and the darn thing is flickering like my original one did also. I would like to get her something better. My first inclination was one of the Inova X0 or T series but it appears the beam is quite narrow from what I read. I like a nice wide beam which makes it useful for such things as setting it down and changing tires, etc. What I am looking for is CR123 based, brighter then an X5 but still have at least a two or three hour runtime, as mentioned more flood type then spot type beam or at least a lot of spill, rugged and hopefully not more then $50. I know a light such as the UK4LED light might fit the bill and for much cheaper but I think she might find it too cheap looking coming from the all metal body of the X5. Being a girl, looks are a little bit important. I'm scratching my head, trying to come up with a perfect light. I really don't want to go over $50 but might a little if I really liked the light. If push comes to shove then I'll just get the Inova X5T which is more reliable then the original but wouldn't mind something a little bit brighter.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still think that the 2L Twin Task (not Task Light which is a very nice light in its own right) is about an ideal car light. Runs on Lithiums. Has three LEDs that give a considerably larger/wider flood than the X5T and is better at lighting up a room or the entire area around a wheel for example. Plus if you/she needs some more serious throw or output, the incandescent is right there, a couple clicks away. I think the LED settings provides at least 20 hour runtime.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
The XT5 is a good light for the price....have you taken a look at the Sharper Image 1W led the price was $29.95 and the output is like the KL1 3rd gen. but the beam is just a little more of a spot when compared to the KL1 3 gen. beam.
It is just about the same size as the KL1 on an E1e body....for the price you cant go wrong.

Now if you want a nice flood......L4....a lot more money but NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with cratz2- I think the 2L Luxeon Tasklight is about perfect for a car light and I had one on my "to buy" list. However it looks like the Nuwai TM115 is virtually identical in features and performance and a little bit cheaper so I have bought one of those (hasn't arrived yet though).

Right now I have a Pelican M6 LED in the car, and a Mag2D that has been in there for a long time. Just today I switched that Mag over to 7xAA and KPR118 to give a little bit more light if I need it.