voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip on a E-series light? I have been on the search engine
since 5:05 am, and tried everything combo i could think of,
sorry it suck's.

anyone know how to take the clip off on my E2d and e1e? thanks. VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks NRK!! SO much. I hang on other forum's musician site's, (my ocupation)F1 and here. and i have never delt with a search engine so useless or complicated enough I couldn't use it.

You know the title of the thread you linked me to? it was with the exception of the word "remove" instead of "change",, the name of one of my search's!!!

unbelievable!! When i put in the simple: "surefire clip" I got 300 pages of: "lionhearts' newest clip's have arrived!" and "kl-1 host? E1e or vital gear FB-1?" that was the only reference to SF. Is it me? I never have trouble on any other much larger and deep forum's. whooo wee!!! VDG

nrk

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome voodoogreg. I used the search string "clip +remove +e2d" with "in subject and body" and newer then 1 year. It pretty much popped up with a quick visual scan of the subject lines.

I agree-- search engines are a bear. I generally spend time learning the syntax of each one since they can be so useful (or so infuriating).

Regards. ;-norm (nrk)

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nrk said:
You're welcome voodoogreg. I used the search string "clip +remove +e2d" with "in subject and body" and newer then 1 year. It pretty much popped up with a quick visual scan of the subject lines.

I agree-- search engines are a bear. I generally spend time learning the syntax of each one since they can be so useful (or so infuriating).

Regards. ;-norm (nrk)

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD!
do you put an actual "+" or mean just the adding of the term. i know some will que off a "+" some won't.
well i got the clip off but then got paranoid about the plastic spacer for the O-ring. I didn't know if on pressure if the o-ring would squeeze into the clips cavity, so i just put it all back togather.
I Originally wanted it off because i hook my lanyard to the end from one of the four wholes in the cap.

Again, thanks! VDG

nrk

Newly Enlightened
vdg,

the string within the quotes is EXACTLY what I typed
"clip +remove +e2d"

the search engine treats each word following the "+" as a required keyword in the search.

as to the clip, i don't know anything about it at all. I was just trying to help a fellow cpf'r do some searching.

good luck. ;-norm

nrk

Newly Enlightened
I should have been even clearer, I did NOT type the quotes themselves. If you put something in quotes the search engine looks for an exact match for that phrase and does not distinguish special characters such as the plus sign.

I know it is confusing to write about text patterns.

;-norm

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
None the less that has helped me more then you know! I have just Been "practicing" on the SE, and getting a bit more coozy with it.

Since I am a newer flashaholic, i tend to be very cautious with these expensive light's. I got a vital gear FB-1 body and another KL-1 to add to my E1e, wife's e1e, and E2d.
and i was hoping to remove the E2d clip for look's but not at the possible expense of ruining a 0-ring, or less weather proofing.
Just saw another thread on a hinky FB-1, man I hope mine work's right! It's bad enough paying twice for a KL-1 (SF lost me in there whole system, even though i paid 112.00 for two KL-1's, only got one, and they won't give me my 2nd becuase I don't exist in there system, hell I bought batt's too once!)
I dig SF stuff and want to build a pretty good assortment of E series accessories both SF and custom. VDG

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Good luck with the lights. I haven't gone the Surefire route yet but i'm sure I will one of these days. I do have a CPF LionHeart and I'm on the list for an AndrewWynn peak mod light. I seem to be attracted to the cpf mod lights so far.

Nice to meet you voodoogreg. See you sometime down the line.

Regards. ;-norm

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:
Clip on a E-series light? I have been on the search engine
since 5:05 am, and tried everything combo i could think of,
sorry it suck's.

anyone know how to take the clip off on my E2d and e1e? thanks. VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

I have changed out mine a few times.........

1. remove head

2. remove O-Ring

3. make a 12" loop of strong cord

4. get out your trusty hammer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif yes hammer

5. clip the cord on the clip and hold the light with one hand on the edge of a wooden table with the cord hanging down....put the head of the hammer in the loop and give it a light downward tap like you are driving a small nail. After a few light taps on the cord, it should start to come out. After its out about 3/4 you can just pull on the loop with your hand to get out the rest of the way......watch what you are doing cause you dont want to loose the little black plastic tab that holds the clip in the slot.

NOTE: as you are taking out the clip when its about 1/2 way out take a GOOD look at how the black plastic tab is oriented....it only goes back in one way....and if you put it on with the wrong side facing out it will not slide all the way back into the slot.