Led Furniture? (table) ...

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/household/aurora-led-table-032176.php

The Orange 22 design studio is promoting their new Aurora cocktail table, a pleasing LED-lit piece of furniture with the look of a giant, glowing Life Saver. By rubbing the touch-pad on the lower lip of the Aurora, you can change the hue, brightness, or "animation" of the 'Pixcell' lights inside the translucent acrylic table. If you're already going to spend the $3,600 price for the table, though, you might as well add in the $300 wireless remote, as well.

Aurora_main.jpg

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching wingnuts on discovery channel and on one of the air plane wing tables they put in led lights on the one side where holes were in the table and put lenses over them. I thought it was stupid and silly, but when they got it together it looked nice and even better when the lights in a room was turned off.

Myself, I have a concern of fire when mixing lights, electricity with wood and carpet and leave lights up to lamps.

Would be cool to have furniture that you can change the color to match your feeling or decor.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea... if I were rich. Do I really NEED a cool starwar-like table?
(flashlights are a different story) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
-tom

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it that difficult to make a table, use some glass or lexan and a hand full of leds for a certain color or use multi leds of different colors and a switch to make it a range of colors? Maybe add a battery in parallel so when the power fails it stays lit or even a way to wire it into a phone so when you get voice mail the table blinks and is powered from the phone line?

I could go on and on........

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprised, most "good" ideas are already taken. I guess I could always be the first with a table that emits several hundred watts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif