new Pelican at Shot Show

hanuman

Newly Enlightened
I checked the link below from another thread regarding Gerber TX3.0. I found two new models from pelican, 2010 and 2410.
Both use recoil technology. From my understanding, Sabrelite Recoil 2010 has been released for about a year. Anybody knows why Pelican says this is a new model for 2005 ? Is there any improvement from the old one ?
One more thing, why Pelican don't upgrade their products to 3W like somebody else ? I prefer the form factor of Stealthlite 4 AA. I think the new 4 AA recoil just look a bit ugly.

http://www.pocketlights.com/blog/blog.html

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine the recoil technology models haven't been moved to 3w because of heat issues. You just don't have a good way to sink the extra heat away from the LED if its sitting in the middle of the beam in the recoil position.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2xAA pjoton proton looks cool. BTW didn't see the high dome terralux ministar2 mentioned, but saw it somewhere on CPF. would like to try one. VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2xAA photon "proton" looks cool. BTW didn't see the high dome terralux ministar2 mentioned, but saw it somewhere on CPF. would like to try one. VDG

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off-topic aside to voodoogreg -
[ QUOTE ]
LED Supply post #846433 - 01/25/05 01:06 PM:
At any rate here we go, unfortunately there are no HD MiniStar2s. Originally the MiniStar2's were slated to use the HD, and so all the promotional material was released with a picture of the MiniStar2 with a HD Luxeon. Those were not released, or released in a very limited number before TerraLUX switched to the SE Luxeon LED. I have spoken with them many a time, and as far as I know there are no HD MiniStar2s or I would get one. They can be easily modded though, with your favorite-binned emitter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pat