Website issues again!

Wylie

Enlightened
Hi Folks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
I am having trouble with my website again and I am not sure exactly what I have done or have not done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I did renew my domain name through Namesecure for three years just about a week ago.
I did forget my password and at the time I originated the domain name I had a different email address so my sign in name is doing me no good.
So anyways, if any of you would be so kind as to take a look at www.wylierods.com and let know what I should do it would really be a great help to me.

Thank you, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Wylie

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you have your domain points to a Tripod host, but your directory doesn't have an index.html file, causing the server to show the default Tripod page.

Your domain name seems to be working, so that isn't the problem.

watt4

Enlightened
you need to get the contact information correct with namesecure. use an email account that you can keep indefinitely, don't forget its password, and check it at least once a month. if you forget the namesecure login /password, they could send it to the email address of the registrant (you). that email address is key to maintaining control of the domain.

I get a basic tripod screen when I go to your domain name url.

I suppose you want to have your domain name point to
http://wylie_rods.tripod.com/ ? if so, namesecure should be able to help you do that, or give you instructions.

once you have control over the domain at namesecure, ask them to help you set up Web Forwarding or URL Gripper/Masking (their name for a feature they offer).

tripods error page indicates they want an index page in your site. but it looks like you have one http://wylie_rods.tripod.com/index.html, so it's probably the forwarding that needs to be fixed.
btw, I suppose you will need login info at tripod, too, in order to make updates. make a backup of your website, so you can move it to another webhost if necessary.

Wylie

Enlightened
Gregw,
I have checked with my account on the Tripod site and it looks as though I do have an index page. This just another thing that has got me confused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif So maybe I need to do the thing with connection from domain name to the Tripod host again.
Thanks Gregw

Watt4
I have started the process to get that information. I have to fax a copy of a page I have printed from the Namesecure website and then the information should be emailed to me from what I understand.
Oh yeah that's the thing I need to do again with the Grippers and Forwarding to the Tripod host that I did before and just mentioned to Gregw.
Sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thank you watt4

The deal with the email address that I had originally is the server was shut down about a year ago and I didn't update the information with Namesecure so now the fax thing has to be done again. Such is life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Photonboy,
Gmail? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I don't know what gmail is?

Well thanks for jarring my memory guys, I think I may be able to get this worked out now although with everything else it may just take a couple days to get her done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Hey, that was cool watt4 both of those links pulled up the home page so I figure the index gig is just a false issue.
You guys here at CPF rock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Photonboy,
Okay I know what Gmail is now I will have to check it out later because I have a tire to fix at the moment. It was a hunting thing and then the jack wouldn't work and the story take me a long time to type so I'll leave it at that.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Okay me again, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
I have found my log in information to Namesecure and now I am getting really confused.
The Grippers are on, the correct URL is in place and I still don't get what has happened?
Would it be that Tripod is no longer alloying domains to be forwarded to the websites they host? This could have been mentioned and I might be in denial. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I just don't get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for any help you may be able to supply,
Wylie

EDIT: I think I may have forwarded to the correct URL now. I went through My Account and loaded the INDEX HTML page copied the address and then loaded it to my GRIPPER.

I think I got it right this time.

Wylie

Enlightened
Yep,
I just got home from work and that was the first thing I checked.
The last time I did any work on my website I published from the wrong page and I think that is what goofed everything up.
Thanks again watt4,
Wylie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif