• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I want a thrower -

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, I want to put 2 123 cells in my VG body, add on <something> and press the button for awesome throw.

What do I want? An Aleph head? Does anybody have something turnkey that I could just drop on and go with?

cy

Flashaholic
DB917 Aleph3 TWOJ combo is a real thrower. got a WXiS DB 833 coming in. we'll see how that stacks up.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get anything TURBO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Aleph 3, LionHeart, VIP Turbo, Mag & FM3H | FM3V
The list goes on and on

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only thought you got awsome throw with high power incadents/HIDs, not with LEDs. Maybe it depends on how you define awsome.

Sigbjoern

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lurveleven

Maybe you've never seen an Aleph III with a Lux III running at 917mA. An Aleph III with such a light engine will throw farther than you can see.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Lurveleven ... the Aleph3 head easily smokes the E-Series incans and the like ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well there's always a Space Needle II, but also there are different definitions of "throw".

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhard, I was not comparing to a low power incan, I agree that the Lux III is much better than those and is what I prefer too. I was thinking more in the lines of +500 lumens lights. But I guess these lights are too big for many...

Sigbjoern

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sigbjoern, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif There isn't a LED light in the 500+ lumen range ... yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

The big boys are Incan and HID right now ... but we will live through the LED-revulution ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

bernhard

EDIT: the initial post was about a 2x123 light ... and the Aleph3 kills'em all here.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
my Thor throws pretty well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but thats a Osram 100w incan, lol, my Space Needle throws real well. I need to get myself an Aleph 3 and put a NG1000/LuxIII in there.

Shane

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhard 500+ lm is not a problem for a Quad-LuxV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hint> <hint>

cy

Flashaholic
bjn70, SNII is a throw monster, but will not fit on top of a 2x VB body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
What is the approximate runtime on the DB917 Aleph3 if mated to a VG FB2 (or similar 2xCR123) body? Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
DB917 Aleph3 TWOJ combo is a real thrower. got a WXiS DB 833 coming in. we'll see how that stacks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aleph3/DB917 combo on 2x123 is similar in the throw department to a Streamlight Strion, if you are familiar with that. Lots more throw than something that doesn't have much throw (you can write that one down if you want), but not a lot compared to something like a cheap incan spotlight or an Ultrastinger. Everything is relative.

best regards

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the others said, for the VG 2x123 body, the Aleph 3 with DownBoy 917ma/TWOJ/K is the best I know of for throw in that package.

Beautiful beam. Throw and very good close range flood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Britt

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is the "Go-To" person for this kind of thing? My soldering skills are what you might call sub-par, or if you were really honest, you'd say that a hampster could do a better job. .

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina, anyone in the Aleph Builders Group could fix you up. Chop (Tony), who responded above, is one of them. He's done alot of work for me and he has my confidence.

Mention my name and you'll get $10.00 off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I'm like you, I leave it to the experts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My Aleph 3 could throw a spot that lit up a balcony about 200 feet away.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning we had what I call a soup fog - not thick, but enough to make you ease up a little while driving. My LionHeart lit the trees up at 80+ yds well enough to be able to distinguish individual branches. My Aleph3 2x123 DB917 TXOJ has a lot more throw than that. On fresh batteries, the spot consistently registers 5300+ lux @ 1 m.

If there's a thrower better than an Aleph3 DB917 in a 2x123 form factor, then someone is hiding a great light from the rest of us.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
You want a thrower? Ask Kenshiro to make you a Ken5: ~16,000 lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The target is 200 meters away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

sls-02.jpg

Or if that's too big, have Ginseng make you a MC85: 1,200 lumens in a MAG 3D body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mc859cc.jpg