Why isnt the SureFire L7 a popular light?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my knowledge, there is not 1 single review of the SureFire L7. Why is that? Price? It seems pretty decent to me. A 5 watter, 75 lumens, (Pretty damn bright for LED), and its rechargable. Not only isnt there a single review for it, but nobody even talks about the L7....

wquiles

Flashaholic
For me, I think you can do better for that amount of money, plus you are kind of stuck with their batteries becuase of the length. I would rather get an L5 or the L6 and use Pila batteries on them.

I went the L6 route and I am using two 150S (with the spring Jon sends) which I can replace at any time with standard CR123's - a tad long, but versatile and bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Plus, with the L6, you get the same body as in the M3 which opens many possibilities for M3 lamps/bezels, including the very awesome Turbo head!

Will

shabbasuraj

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
In my knowledge, there is not 1 single review of the SureFire L7. Why is that? Price? It seems pretty decent to me. A 5 watter, 75 lumens, (Pretty damn bright for LED), and its rechargable. Not only isnt there a single review for it, but nobody even talks about the L7....

[/ QUOTE ]

OVERPRICED

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have most of the 5 watt Surefire lights. I didn't buy a L7 because of size and I prefer lithium ion batteries. Cost had nothing to do with my choice to "not buy" a L7.

I have Pila batteries for my L4,L5,L6,U2,KL1 and McLux lights. I also have the R123s for my ARC4s.

I think the L7 might make sense if you are using other Surefire rechargeable lights and want to use the same batteries and chargers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
I would have bought an L7 if they has used a new body/tailcap. I want a clickie like the L4/L5/L6/U2 - I don't like the idea of having to turn the head for constant on.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I didn't consider the L7 for several reasons:
1. NiCd batteries. Yuck.
2. The runtime (1 hour regulated) really isn't that great, at least for my purposes.
3. The L6 just seems like a superior light. I think it's better looking than the L7.

The L6 really is an awesome light - I love mine. I know folks here think it's long - it is long by comparison to many of the other fine lights people here like, that's very true. But compared to a 2D cell flashlight even, it's small and lightweight, yet it totally kicks butt! None of my non-flashaholic friends have failed to be impressed with the L6. All of them have been surprised at how lightweight the L6 is. I was suspicious of the "syringe" type grip for it - but now that I've gotten used to it, I wonder how I ever possibly used a light that didn't work this way.

I'm sure the L7 is a terrific light that is very practical to own. It just didn't seem as useful for my purposes as the L6.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a review anyone knows about? I mean, there isnt even one of these on the LED museum, and quickbeam's website either.