looking for 9 volt alk. flashlight

xfish

Newly Enlightened
HI. I have been searching for a flashlight that can run off a standard 9 volt alkaline battery. So far all I have found is a pal. Does anybody have a suggestion.
Thanks,
xfish

greenLED

Flashaholic
9v batts have very low capacity, so you won't find any very bright incan lights or with very long runtime. The Pal-Lite and Pak-lites (both LED's) are nice as emergency lights; not very brigh (compared to a lithium incan) but very loooooong runtimes.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only seen the Pal-lite and hte Pak-lites myself, I own four Pal-lites two for my daughters (they love em), and two for me, one for my fuze box and one for me to have. they have a blueish tint to them but the runtime outweighs the buish tint.

Doug

Brody

Newly Enlightened
Another 9v light is the Rigel systems Skylight. It uses either 2 white, or 2 red leds, and has a dial that controls the brightness. It is much larger than the other 2 lights mentioned, but it works just fine, and the adjustable brightness is a nice plus. It is much easier controlling brightness by turning a dial than clicking through brightness modes.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw a sock light at biglots a few days ago that runs off a 9v battery.... supposed to put it in your sock drawer and it comes on when you open the drawer somehow.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pal-lite, I have had one for three years now and have found it to be very reliable, the different operating modes also came
in very useful