Streamlight twin task 1L

cia

Newly Enlightened
I just had to try one of these cute little streamlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a surefire fan and have used many differant surefire lights, but for the price of the streamlight tt I had to see what it was like, so I bought one.

The leds are not white and the lamp puts out a yellow bat wing type light, but still not bad for $25.

I have done some searching on the forums for info on this light and could not find much.

Anyone else using the TT 1L?
Has anyone done any mods to the light?

I really like the size, shape and feel of the light.
If it would put out a little better light I would be really happy with it.

davidra

Enlightened
The 2L is more than twice as good....but both are well worth the money.

cia

Newly Enlightened
twice as good?
If you have both could you compair them to each other for me?

Are the LED's any whiter in the 2L?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive seen the whole line up in the cabelas catalog and wondered if they are worth it. At least the price is right.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a 1L, but I'd guess the LEDs aren't any whiter in the 2L. They're just your standard Nichia, I believe, and they're not going to be "white" regardless of what you buy. Even Peak & Arc have a tinge of color from my experiences. .

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LEDs are about the same, but the incandescent is much brighter than the 1 L.

A very nice light (I have three).

That 1 L TT has to be the cutest light around however.

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
If you *had* to carry only one inexpensive light (which goes against everything this forum stands for), the TT series would be a great choice. I keep a 1L in my briefcase and, for the money, its about perfect. They are extremely sturdy with great fit and finish. One of the more modern multi-level LED lights would probably be a better light, but you'll pay a lot more. I agree w/ JohnK on the light levels vs. the 2L and my 3C is what I'll grab when the lights go out.

cia

Newly Enlightened
I'm for sure going to have to try another Streamlight TT.
I just can't stop clicking the switch on my 1L, it's just so cool going from LED's to Lamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Like I said I have a number of surefire's(not a A2, yet), but this cheap little light is just so cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
i use a R123A with a strion bulb in my 1L... so i have the same power of the 2L (and much less runtime) but at more reasonable size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pondhockey

Newly Enlightened
I found the 1L's incan output to be pathetic, so I
removed the bulb and replaced it with a red LED, just
running it direct off the battery.
It's my favorite navigate around the house at night light,
3 blue/white LED's for high beam and 1 red for low.
I can't seem to get the original Duracell battery to
quit, no matter what I do to it.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard similar reports on the performance of the incandescent, and it makes sense. A single CR123 is only 3V- you need more than that for good incandescent performance. Likewise the TT 2D is also a bit yellow, whereas the 2L and even the 3C are better due to having more voltage available.

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
I'm very glad I got the 2l now

it is my one good torch (dont worry I'm now looking into a tiny keychain torch

NYCblue

Newly Enlightened
I got a 1L for a family member of mine. In "field testing" the light is performing well. It really is a solid, solid little light for its size and price. I usually recommend this light for family members looking for the suitcase or purse light.

DaveT

Enlightened
I gave TwinTask 1Ls to my brothers and sisters...some sit in drawers, some use them daily. I think they're a great little light.
What I'd LOVE to see is the 1L answer to the new Tasklight 3W LED...basically, either a 1-watt (or 3-watt, if it's practical) LED in the 1L body, with the switching running low, high, off. If they did that (and changed the switching on the Tasklight to low/high/off), I think this pairing of lights would take care of the majority of my car/light duty uses, and the 1L in this configuration would be the kind of light a lot of people would jump to own.
My 2 cents.
Dave

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC the Nuwai 115 is low/high/off. It is what I've chosen for my car duty. It looks like the bezel might be a little bit bigger than the SL 2L, but I think the SL is longer overall.

pondhockey

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
davidefromitaly said:
pondhockey you have a red led that can run at 3V? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a red led from an old keychain light that has
two pins and I just forced them into the pin sockets for
the bulb. the first try didn't work, and I pulled it out and reversed which pin went into which socket, and it works fine. kinda surprised me, too. by now, given the age of the battery, it's working on way less than 3v, and bright enough for nightime in-house navigation.

pondhockey

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
davidefromitaly said:
i think when you replace the battery the led blow in less than one second /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
okay, I tried it.
took out the factory Duracell
and put in a new SF batt and it works, no problems.