mce2s resitor question

knifebright

Enlightened
Hey all
i've got a 30ohm tail cap consisting of a single 30ohm restitor. I'd like a little more restistance. I understand how to run resitors in pararel to make the restistance go down. I.E. add another 30 and i'll get 15ohms. How do i get it to got up. I'm assuming that to get it to 60 ohms i'll need two 120 ohm resitors. Is there anyway to add more smaller amounts i.e.(i have 15ohm and 30ohm available) to add up the resitance??
jimmy

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the McE2S, you'll need to remove the resistor and replace it. I would recommend using at least two resistors in parallel. When I need 60 ohms, I do use two 120 ohm resistors.

tinkerfy

Newly Enlightened
so does that mean if I were to add another 60 ohm resistor parallel with the existing 30 ohm, that would make the final outcome to be (30 + 60)/2 = 45 ohm?

knifebright

Enlightened
Hey tony
Were do i get the resistors that are the size (physical size) of the ones for the mce2s. It seems that the ones from the shop (603) are a much smaller size. I'm assuming physical size has nothing to do with wattage rateing??? I just need a couple 120ohm but in what size??
jimmy

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The resistors used on the switches are 1210 size. You can get them at just about any electronics supply store or on ebay.

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
In this forum, at the top of the page, the sticky post by Jtice has a LED resistor calculator. Very nice. Needs one for the Mac though.

Luxeon.com has a LED resistor calculator also.

Fin

Krit

Enlightened
If 2 resistors is not the same value. It will get very hot from current.

Latest posts