News from Inova 2005?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hi.

I have read about the Shot show 2005 and it looks like Inova only have two new LED flashlights this year. I am talking about the T4 and the T5. I thought that the T4 was new from the year 2004 though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif However,the T5 is new. The T5 is a three lithium batteries version of the rechargeable T4.
ss2005_inova_t4_t5.jpg

Does anyone know if there will be more news from Inova in 2005? They still don´t have the T-series from 2004 at their website,so one wonders what models that are coming.If this already has being braught up,then i apologize for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Apart from information from the Shot Show, I don't know what (new) products are being offered by Inova. Sorry!

I've also noticed that it appears Inova haven't updated their website to include the XO3, the T1,T2, and T3 series flashlights which have been available for several months now I believe!?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Yes,the T-series and the XO3 has been available for several mounths now. In fact the T-series was introduced at the 2004 Shot Show,almost a year ago,yet there is no info at all about them at Inovas website.

It´s sadly that they don´t update their site so that one could get first hand info about available and up and coming models,so that one does not have to listen to rumours about them that appears often at different sites.

First hand info directly from the manufacturer is always the best.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I sent Inova an email two days ago regarding updating their website with their latest products. I have yet to receive a response.

I agree that manufacturer product details should ideally be made readily available by having that information on their websites.

It is disappointing to note a lack of product updates at Inova's site!

Filament

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Inova several times last year asking about updates, suitability of lithiums in the X1, product catalogs, etc.....No response.

DrPhoton

Newly Enlightened
Inova could give a rats a*&. I am a dealer and have tried numerous times to contact them. Finally talked to the national sales manager's executive assistant and she was a real snip. Wonder how they got so big treating people so small?
Doc Photon

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has somebody given a look to the guts of T3 /X03? The current to the LED is not rectified, the inductor is working close to the saturation and the switching transistor is near its max. specs. The circuit will NOT accomodate even a slight overvoltage.
The thermal path for the LED is very well executed, like the mechanical fit and finish of the light.
I'm wondering why they played cheap with the electronics.

Anthony

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys, now I know for certain that I don't need a T-3. I've been wanting a T-3 for a long time, especially for it's build quality, great looks, and I don't have an LED thrower.

I'm put off by companies with poor CS. Ray o Light, your observation re. the electronics is worrisome. I've also wanted a Peli M6. Hmmm. Wait a little for even better 2 X 123 LED throwers?

Wrangler

Enlightened
I own X5, X5T, T1 and T3 and like them all, but....
I had a question about a defective XO3 and emailed them 3 times in Dec. 2004. I got N O response yet. That`s what I don`t like and what`s unacceptable to their customers IMHO!!

Wolfgang

nenofury

Newly Enlightened
So I guess I shouldn't even bother contacting them about the fleck of white dust/debris that's stuck on the inside of my lens? Still love the T1 though, it seems indestructable.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I've e-mailed Emissive Energy several times. I got responses within a few days.

If you must speak with someone immediately, call Laurie Sabella. She's the customer service representative. Emissive Energy's number is 401-294-2030 and her extension is 212.

scudinc

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
Thanks Guys, now I know for certain that I don't need a T-3. I've been wanting a T-3 for a long time, especially for it's build quality, great looks, and I don't have an LED thrower.

I'm put off by companies with poor CS. Ray o Light, your observation re. the electronics is worrisome. I've also wanted a Peli M6. Hmmm. Wait a little for even better 2 X 123 LED throwers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just get a T3.

Mad_Ryan

Newly Enlightened
I've had great luck with their customer service. They sent me a new tailcap for my T3 when my switch was sticking with no worries. It got here in a few days. Really great customer service and a great product.

Wrangler

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
I've e-mailed Emissive Energy several times. I got responses within a few days.

If you must speak with someone immediately, call Laurie Sabella. She's the customer service representative. Emissive Energy's number is 401-294-2030 and her extension is 212.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mrs. Sabella was the one I sent the emails to with N O response!
May be she was very busy or not around at that time?

Nevertheless they have great lights and I can recommend the X5T, T1 and T3 that I own even they are a little big (bulky)for the number of batteries they use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wolfgang

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wrangler said:
Mrs. Sabella was the one I sent the emails to with N O response!
May be she was very busy or not around at that time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. She did respond to my e-mails, but it was the phone contact that really resolved the problem I had.

Crow

Newly Enlightened
The T4/T5s are not available yet. Some vendors claimed the T4 would come out the first of this month. Riiight. I'm frustrated...

By the way, welcome to CPF, ma435q!

-Crow