2nd generation SL TL-2 LED : A good thrower???

Hoya

Newly Enlightened
I saw the new SL TL-2 LED on the store shelf, really like the size and design. It seems to be able to throw pretty as far (maybe further than KL1 3rd gen.). Anyone has got the new TL-2 LED (2nd gen.)? Comment needed. Thank you!

billgr

Newly Enlightened
Re: @nd generation SL TL-2 LED : A good thrower???

i threw mine about 30 feet.
and it didn't break, although it did get some scuff marks.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened

billgr,

hahaha! I am interested to know how far can you project the beam... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif SF KL1 3rd gen. is a good thrower for a stock light, I want to know can the SL TL-2LED able to do as good. KL1 can have about 40yds throw distance...yeah ard there, what about the TL-2LED? (I believe TL-2LED can do as well, but just want to make sure) Cheeers!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hoya...I have the new version TL-2 LED, and for a 1 watter it is indeed a good thrower! I did a side-by-side comparison between the new TL-2, the original version TL-2, and the Pelican M6 LED. The new version TL-2 EASILY out-threw the other 2. According to the numbers on Quickbeam's site, the new version TL-2 throws as far as the Inova T3...I don't have a T3 to compare it to, but I have one on the way, and it should be here any day. I'll do a throw comparison between the T3 and the new TL-2 LED as soon as the T3 arrives. If you get one of the new TL-2 LED's, I don't think you'll be disappointed! Good color, good throw, VERY nice sidespill, PLUS regulation! I really like mine...YMMV!

PJD

stuart

Newly Enlightened

My 1st Gen. TL-2 LED easily outthrows my 3rd Gen. KL-1. The Kl-1 seems to be a fairly even beem with a broad hotspot whereas the old TL-2 seems to have a well defined smaller hotspot, but still good sidespill. The TL-2's sidespill doesn't seem a bright as the Kl-1's and I find myself focusing on the hotspot when using it but nonetheless I think its certainly sufficient. I know you ask about the new version but I thought I'd just "throw" this in for reference since the new version is supposed to outthrow the old one.