I bought an E1L outdoorsman today (am i first?)

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
No biggie really, it's says "outdoorsman E1L" on one side, and it's just like my newer E1e that came with a clicky, but with a KL-1 in place of the incan head.
One of my local LEO outfitter's got it as display and he doesn't really care for SF, and he sold it to me at a killer price!(he's not even sure what they sell for,, it just showed up with the display, anyone know the $$?) kinda suck's that I got a vital gear FB-1 and KL-1 coming from meridian tac monday, oh well, guess i got two KL-1/1x123 body lights now. The tint is a bit better then the KL-1 i gave my woman for Christmas, both are nice, this one is a bit brighter/whiter.
I didn't even know about these till i just did a search, so i must be one of the first to have it here.

I guess it's cool having the written designation on the light rather then just a E1e/KL-1. anyway thought i would share /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif VDG

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
can u put up a pic? i just put an order for my kl1-e1e from oldgrandpajack...maybe should etch e1l on it:)..congrats on the new light

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish no digicam. i think SF must have just shipped out a bunch of table display's, I had called a place in indy to ask if they had one, and how much,( i paid very little for this light, and was wondering what retail was) and the clerk said they did, but it was a display model and couldn't be sold. and said they didn't know when they would have stock.

Hey at least you got SF first off, i ordered the vital gear
everyone is having trouble with! VDG

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I bought an E1L outdoorsman today (am i first?

What kind of store is this LEO outfitter? I really need to find a public retailer that sells "REAL" lights...

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool... looks like there is an E2L out too. You can see that they are listed under the z57 info here but it doesn't provide any more information.

-Mike

Mark2

Enlightened

From Surefire Japan:
2005.02.01E1L_E2L_news.jpg

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened

Are there any stores on the east coast that stock surefire (maryland area)? I know chesapeake knife and tool does, but wanted to find someplace else, especially if it stock maxpedition gear...

now if they only put serial numbers on the first batch of e1L...:)

sniper

Enlightened
Where do you get info/ordering information for the Vital Gear bodies? I checked Meridian Tac's site, and found nothing. Is there another site, and has there been a review done? Does the tailcap switch come with the body, or do you order it separately? Thanks

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think there is any way that I could send in my old e1e body (24 December 2004) in exchsnge for the new e1L body? It looks sooo COOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-tom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey Mags,
Paragon in the city sells Surefire, at retail prices, but they have quite a few, so it's nice to look there. And the Victorinox stores sell Streamlight, also high prices. Closest one to ya might be in Westchester. But I thought you were still banned from lights, or are you trying to buy new ones?!?!
daloosh

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire is selling the E1Ls for $98! Thats about how much I payed. I payed $52 for the e1e and $48 for the kl1. I lost $2! Oh well....

-tom

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Lightbringer said:
Are there any stores on the east coast that stock surefire (maryland area)? I know chesapeake knife and tool does, but wanted to find someplace else, especially if it stock maxpedition gear...

now if they only put serial numbers on the first batch of e1L...:)

[/ QUOTE ]
Ask for chris about the vital gear, when i called to buy the KL-1 he mentioned it to me. and i decided to get one.

BTW, i got both today and I love the VG FB-1! I think the
quality/fit and finish is maybe a bit better the SF. It only takes a minute to get used to the switch, press a little softer while keeping continuing pressure right in the middle of the button. no problem's yet.

And they work very well togather,the tint and brightness on this particular KL-1 is just like my E1L, very white, bright, a pinch of spill, but killer throw. it's shorter, by just a few cm's, all in all i love both.VDG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
cornkid said:
Surefire is selling the E1Ls for $98! Thats about how much I payed. I payed $52 for the e1e and $48 for the kl1. I lost $2! Oh well....

-tom

[/ QUOTE ]

But you got a free bezel and an incandescent lamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And you can do things to the bezel.. I'm sure if you post it on B/S/T, it will move.

Niteowl

Enlightened

I called Surefire's customer service regarding the E1L and E2L. I was told she knew of them but didn't know anything about them and that they aren't out yet! Egads.......I had to explain things to her.

It's about time SF caught on and sold it as a unit.

Got my VG FB1 body last week..very cool. Thinking of a mod for the stock Exe bezel.....

Mark

deranged_coder

Enlightened

I picked one up yesterday evening. The guy selling it said that they had just received it less than a week ago and it was the only one they had in stock.

From left to right: E1L Outdoorsman, E2e-HA Executive Elite + KL1 (older generation), E2W-BY WineLight II, Helix stainless steel ruler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SurefireESeriesCollection.jpg

BobVA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Lightbringer said:
Are there any stores on the east coast that stock surefire (maryland area)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was in Potomac Arms in Alexandria, VA, they had SF lights.

erin0919

Newly Enlightened

just ordered one from LA POLICE GEAR .

Only 18 in stock, hurry up!

edison

Enlightened

Any word yet on availability of the E2L?

deranged_coder

Enlightened

I think the E2L was released at the same time as the E1L. When I picked up my E1L the guy behind the counter said that they had received a 2-cell version of the flashlight (i.e. an E2L) at the same time but someone else had already bought it.