Question about New Tactical Gerber LX 3.0

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this off the pocketlights website.
http://www.pocketlights.com/blog/blog.html
Scroll down to Gerber section and you will see the "TX 3.0 Tactical version of Gerber LX 3.0". Does anyone who went to SHOT know if its regulated? It has a really sleek design, and I was almost going to buy the LX 3.0, but the unregulation bothered me.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if new version is regulated, but will tell you that I have a current version LX 3.0 and, frankly, I like the fact that it's not regulated. I use this light for illuminating the path in nighttime hikes, and it is my favorite for that purpose---very nice and bright flood, with a bonus of decent throw. I also prefer AAs to CR123s, so that's a big plus.

But, on to my point---if it were regulated, like, say my SL Jr. (another great light), when the juice got low it would go black in short order. The LX 3.0 gradually dims over time, so that you have lots of warning before being "left in the dark", so to speak, a mile from home on a dark trail. BTW, I've probably got 5 or 6 hrs. already on my 1st set of batteries, and the LX 3.0 is still quite bright.

For $40 + ship at Batterystation.com (via CPF link), the LX 3.0 is a great buy.

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
Don't know if new version is regulated, but will tell you that I have a current version LX 3.0 and, frankly, I like the fact that it's not regulated. I use this light for illuminating the path in nighttime hikes, and it is my favorite for that purpose---very nice and bright flood, with a bonus of decent throw. I also prefer AAs to CR123s, so that's a big plus.

But, on to my point---if it were regulated, like, say my SL Jr. (another great light), when the juice got low it would go black in short order. The LX 3.0 gradually dims over time, so that you have lots of warning before being "left in the dark", so to speak, a mile from home on a dark trail. BTW, I've probably got 5 or 6 hrs. already on my 1st set of batteries, and the LX 3.0 is still quite bright.

For $40 + ship at Batterystation.com (via CPF link), the LX 3.0 is a great buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an LX 3.0 and I agree 100%. I like the Lx 3.0 a lot. I'm definetly gonna buy the TX because because of the anti roll head...my LX likes to wander a bit sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
Non-regulated is just fine with me for certain applications. This light would on my buy list if I knew it could be used with lithiums. The advertisement specifically says "do not" use with lithiums.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Yukon_Jack said:
Non-regulated is just fine with me for certain applications. This light would on my buy list if I knew it could be used with lithiums. The advertisement specifically says "do not" use with lithiums.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the same thoughts here. If it really has to go through some serious stuff, I would expect to use lithiums for extreme weather conditions...