Can anyone tell me~~~

karenwg

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Could anyone tell me if there are any flashlight association? As I required to know the number of flashlight lovers in any country or in the world. Could you tell me how can I get these kind of information??

Thanks for your kindly help.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
karenwg,
Welcome to CPF! I'm not aware of any national flashlight association, though others might be able to correct me on that. You are almost the 11,000th member of CPF. This is an international forum, though the majority of members are probably located in the US.
I don't know how to find the kind of statistical information you are looking for. You could do a painstaking statistical analysis of all members here at CPF by cataloguing what part of the world each one is from if they have provided that information in their bio.

For starters, you might try to figure how many professionals in a given country may use flashlights on a regular basis: law enforcement, security, firemen and emergency personnel, military, outfitters, construction workers, electricians, hobbyists, etc. Then based on a smaller sample you could determine the percentage of those people who consider owning an above average flashlight for their purposes essential. Then you might be able to start producing some statistics. Maybe others have some better ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a random 11th grade high-schooler who collects flashlights. It would be near impossible to find the number of people, even only in the U.S., that are seriously interested in flashlights.

-tom